Thursday 2 April 2009

Chloe is 4

It's been a while since I've done a blog entry but things are rather hectic nowadays and I find that I used to do my blogging when Ellis was having his morning nap. Recently though, I have been having a morning nap too, hence the delay in posting.

Today I didn't feel tired so thought I would just try and catch up on recent events.

Anna has recovered from her sickness bug and thankfully is back to normal.

Friday afternoon, Daddy made it home really early from work which was great and we were able to go to our Little Stars class together.

On Saturday the boys had fun doing some ball dancing which they haven't done for ages. Maybe because my ball has been put away.

The last time they did it Ellis was really young. You can see the video on this post - http://topflumps.blogspot.com/2007/11/daddys-home.html

We went to lunch again at our favourite restaurant and that was pretty much it.

Sunday we went to the shops to take the new buggy back as it is broken. The replacement seat unit will come in soon and I will have to take it back again to be repaired. No big deal really, as long as I have it back before Dollop arrives.

We then made our way to my Mum and Dad's house for Chloe's 4th birthday party.

Although the sun was out, it was still pretty chilly. The kids didn't seem to mind and had fun playing in the garden.

Chloe had a Peppa Pig birthday cake, which everyone under the age of 5 loved. Chloe doesn't like too much noise, so singing happy birthday was out of the question. So instead we just lit the candles and blew them out.

We had a lovely time. There was great food and even better company. We didn't stay too late although I was rather comfy in the leather arm chair.

Monday morning we went to the last Sing and Sign class of the term. It was really good as the class was quite small and so Ellis was able to concentrate more rather than running around distracting everyone. He takes after me with that.

After his nap, I let him potter around in the garden. He seemed to really enjoy it and wasn't worried about having a look around. The clingy stage seems to have passed now and he is doing much better at doing things without me, which is great but I don't know what to do with myself!

Tuesday morning we both had a really long nap as Ellis isn't sleeping too well at the moment. He seems to go to sleep at an odd time at night, anywhere between 7:30 and 9pm. He then wakes up just before 6am! I am able to leave him for a bit but I am awake anyway. I think he may be trying to prepare me for the early starts with Dollop.

In the afternoon we popped to the physio department to pick something up and then went to get the car washed. I should have got the camera out but didn't think about it until too late. Ellis didn't seem to mind that much.

We then went back home, got in the buggy and walked around to Sally and Anna's house. We were there a bit early really.

Sharon and Sophie arrived a little later and then everyone had fun playing and eating.

Back at home, Ellis had fresh pasta and sauce for his tea. He loves it but ends up making a right old mess. I took the opportunity to get some funny pictures.

This afternoon we plan to go swimming. Ellis is just stirring from his nap so after we have had lunch, we will get dressed, ready and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails