Saturday 11 April 2009

Egg Hunt

We have had a busy few days. Wednesday afternoon the Mummies came over and we all sat around eating cake, drinking tea and chatting. Sarah and Toby made it too which was great as we haven't seen them in ages.





Thursday morning we went to Costco with my Mum and Dad, Sister, her family and my Uncle Roger. On arrival we picked up some cakes and biscuits which we thoroughly enjoyed.

We spent ages in the shop and had lots of fun. Ellis spotted something that he would like for his birthday, Chloe not included.





We left around lunch time and gave my Mum a lift to our local pub so that she could meet up with her Cousin Ange.

We then went home for some lunch.

Ellis went to bed for a bit and I spent the afternoon cleaning the house. I totally over did it and tired myself out. Bit achy too from all the work, but I felt good that the house was clean.

Rob and I were so tired in the evening that we went to bed very early, 9:30pm in fact which is unheard of for us.

In the morning, Rob thankfully did the morning shift and I eventually got up at 10:30am. I had loads of sleep and I really needed it.

Rob had the day off as it was Good Friday so after lunch we all went swimming together. It was brilliant. The pool was busy but not too packed. Ellis floated about and jumped in from a standing position, all on his own. He does something new every time we go.

After swimming we did a bit of food shopping before going home.

In the evening Rob went out and I used the computer.

Today we had a lazy start. I did the morning shift and then went back to bed for a bit.

My sister sent me a picture of a cloud formation that I had already noticed, and taken a short video of. Very strange.



Uncle Dave popped in with his friend for a cup of tea and we then had lunch. Once we had finished we were off in the car to an Easter Party hosted by the Music with Mummy teacher, Debs.

We did the usual songs and dances and Rob was able to take part which was nice for Ellis. Obviously we took loads of pictures.















When we had finished singing, Debs handed out some little bags with rabbits on, and we were allowed outside to find some eggs. The under 2's had to find blue eggs, and it was extremely competitive. There were Dads running everywhere trying to find all the eggs. It was really funny. Once you found an egg you had to take it back to Debs, to exchange it for some chocolate. Ellis didn't get too much which isn't a problem as I have bought him his own Easter Egg for Sunday.











It was really good fun and it was nice to be out in the sun.











Ellis ran down a small slope but his feet got away with him and he ended up going a bit too fast. His face was a picture!



Once all the chocolate had been given out we went back in for some tea and biscuits. Ellis had some melon which he loved. I might have to buy some of that to add to his long list of fruit that he loves. Pretty much daily, he has blueberries, grapes, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, pear, peach, pineapple, raisins, banana and apricots.

Anna showed off her cool new addition to her wardrobe.



Debs also gave out toys to everyone. Ellis received a little cow.



We said our goodbyes and thank yous and went home to do some more around the house. Rob mowed the lawn and I cooked us a meal of roast chicken, roast potatoes, vegetables and gravy.

We all sat to the table and the boys seemed to enjoy the food.



Looking at that picture, it seems weird to think that there will soon be a new boy joining us. I can't wait to add to our family and I hope he settles in well. Only 42 days to go, well 41 tomorrow, and a lot less if I have to have another c-section.

Rob bathed Ellis and I had a shower. We all sat on the bed together for story time and then I spent the evening doing this blog and Rob was busy working.

Tomorrow we are off to the zoo, so another huge blog entry to do tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails