Monday 6 April 2009

Nanny Rennolds is 60

Nanny Rennolds turned 60 today, so on Sunday for her birthday, the family got together to do stuff.

First stop was a swimming pool that had a chute. As always there was a mix up with what time we were meeting etc so a few of us were hanging around waiting for a bit.

We eventually got in the pool and had a really good time. The baby pool was reasonably deep so Ellis couldn't actually touch the floor. He didn't mind though and spent his time bobbing about and jumping in the pool.

Daddy took him down the shute and he seemed to like it.

We were only in for half an hour before Ellis was asking to get out. He never asks to get out but it was 11:30am and he had been up since 6am. He was very, very tired and as soon as I got out, he was snuggling into my neck, which he never does unless sleepy.

Rob got out at the same time and we decided to take off for a bit so that Ellis could sleep in the car.

Ellis fell asleep and we pottered about for a bit, before 2 fire engines went past and woke him up. He managed a 30 minute snooze which was just enough.

We went back home to pick up Ellis' bike and then walked down to our favourite restaurant for a meal.

All the others were already there and we didn't wait long for our table.

Ellis was really good and ate very well. I had a 3 course meal and it was delicious. I always have the same thing but I love it.











Grandad with his Grandsons.



We were all stuffed full so went over to the local park to try and work some of it off.

All the Grandchildren had their photo taken with Nanny on the swing.







Ellis had a go on the big slide in the big park.



Then Auntie Nicky pushed him around on his bike for a bit.





My Brother Mark, Auntie Nicky, Megan and Elin all went home after the park and the rest of us went to a near by bowling alley to have a couple of games of ten pin bowling.

Ellis had a great time watching everyone, clapping and cheering and shouting "rubbish!" at the right times. It was really good fun and Ellis even got to have a few goes.





Uncle Craig had bought in a couple of party hats and Ellis tried one on. He looked so cute and really didn't mind posing for lots of pictures from 3 different cameras. What a star!



It was late by the time everyone had finished so we said our goodbyes and went straight home.

On getting home, I put Ellis in his pyjamas, read him a story and put him into bed. We didn't bother with a bath and he hasn't been having any milk for quite a while now. He went straight to sleep and I was hoping that he would sleep in a bit the following day.

I was so wrong! 4:41am I heard him shouting, "go! ball!" and then cheering. I left him to it and he eventually went back off. I was then woken up by Rob's alarm, twice and then him getting himself ready and saying goodbye to me.

Ellis then woke up at 7:30am and we were both up and downstairs by 8am. I've started the day off tired again. Boo!

We played and pottered in the morning and then I put Ellis down for a late nap. I ended up waking him up at about 1:30pm so that I could give him some lunch before we went to see Auntie Lucy, Shauna and Ashlee.

We had a lovely time. Ellis played with all the new toys and I was able to have a sit down and a chat.

We left at around 5pm and went home for dinner.

We had a normal bath and bed routine and then I went out for my yoga class. As soon as I got in I did this blog entry. Really shattered now so off for shower and bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails