Thursday 23 April 2009

Big Boys Chair

We had a nice lazy start to Sunday and then in the afternoon I did tons of washing. I washed all the baby clothes, blankets, sheets and bedding etc.



We also went for a nice walk down to the park and shops to pick up a few things. Ellis had fun wearing his glasses and I think he looked super cool.





When we got back from the shops, Rob went over to see Sharon's husband Stuart about some computer stuff and Ellis and I spent our time in the kitchen, me trying to prepare a roast and Ellis just getting in the way!

I eventually managed it and Rob was home in plenty of time to help me out with distracting Ellis and working out how long stuff should be in the oven.



Ellis sat in his big boys chair for the first time to have his roast dinner. It was so nice to see and he seemed to really enjoy it.







The dinner was delicious but not long after, Ellis was in the bath then bed.

Monday I had a midwife appointment in the afternoon which was quite good. My blood test results were good and the baby was head down.

Tuesday morning Nanny came over to take care of Ellis so that Rob and I could go to my last antenatal class. It wasn't that good unfortunately and when we returned home, Ellis hadn't been to sleep. Nanny had tried but he wasn't interested.

Nanny did a great job ironing all of my cleaned baby clothes and we very much appreciate the help.

After we stuffed some lunch down, we took Ellis to Sharon's house as she was going to take care of him while I went for a hospital appointment. We put him down for a sleep in Sophie's bed as he would have been a nightmare otherwise. He eventually went to sleep after a bit of screaming and didn't wake up for 2 hours!

The hospital appointment was okay and we were given another scan picture.



We eventually made it back to pick up Ellis who had been playing with the girls, Anna and Sophie, in the garden. He didn't seem that bothered that we were home.

For dinner we went to our favourite restaurant which was a really nice treat. Ellis was a really good boy and was obviously hungry. He stuffed bread sticks, a bowl of black and green olives, garlic bread, pasta and a fruit a pot!

Wednesday morning we picked Nanny up nice and early and then went to the dentist as I had an appointment there.

We were in and out in a flash but Ellis did have the chance to sit on my lap with a little prod in the mouth from the dentist. He didn't mind at all and was rewarded with a Winnie the Pooh sticker.

After, we went to the shops and I bought a lamp for £3.13, a sun hat and some pyjamas for Ellis.

We then went up my Mum and Dad's field to see my sisters new chickens, which she calls "the girls". Ellis loved it but really wanted to get into the nesting box to see the eggs that we had already removed.



We had lunch at Mum's house then zoomed home to put Ellis in bed for a nap.

I had to wake him up in the afternoon so that we could go to our Music with Mummy class which was really good. They had to take it in turns playing instruments and then pass them on saying thank you. All very cute and Ellis behaved really well.

We had the usual drink and treat in Sainsbury's cafe before doing a bit of food shopping and then walking home.

Thursday was quite busy too. We messed around in the morning, doing books, letters, numbers, colouring, bricks and playing with the car garage before Ellis went for a quick nap, about an hour.

Once up he continued to play and at one point I caught him changing his own nappy, sort of.



We had lunch then took off in the car for the swimming pool.

It was amazing. So hot and only me and Ellis in the pool. I blobbed about and Ellis swam lengths, did jumps, played with the watering cans and buckets and got in and out of the paddling pool. It was so relaxing that we didn't want to get out.

We got out just before I had shriveled up completely and stopped for our tea and cake before going to Nanny's for dinner.



The horse lorry was open when we arrived and Chloe and Kamron were inside playing. Auntie Katie got Ellis out of the car and he joined them. They had so much fun.





The fun then moved to the garden and the Mums joined in too.



Auntie Katie left shortly after and we had our dinner, chicken fajitas, and Ellis did really well. He didn't like the red peppers but he still tried them several times. He ate most of the green peppers, onions, chicken and bread.

He was a really good boy and after we got down from the table, the fun continued in the garden until it was time to go. I didn't want to leave though as I was so comfy propped up on the sofa.



Ellis was given a quick wash when we got home and was soon in bed. I spent my evening doing this blog.

Baby number 2 is due in 28 days now and I am not sure how often I will be able to do blog entries once he is here. If I do, they will be a bit shorter I think. I will try hard to keep up with it, as I really enjoy saving all the memories like this. The early days will probably be spent doing my pregnancy and birth blog though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails