Tuesday 24 March 2009

Busy, busy!

On Friday, Rob managed to make it home in time to come to Twinkling Stars with us. We all had a great time and there was a brilliant circuit set up for the kids to use. They had to walk across lots of beams and do big jumps at the end. They are actually in the Little Stars class now. They grow up so fast.

We were going to go and get Ellis' feet measured afterwards but Rob didn't fancy sitting in any more traffic so we just went home.

Saturday was brilliant. I had a day off really. It was fab and I felt really relaxed about it all which was the main thing. It wasn't even planned.

Rob was supposed to be going out in the morning and then taking Ellis out in the afternoon for an hour to pick up a card for Mothers Day. He didn't end up going out in the morning in the end and went back to bed instead. So I asked him if he would mind if I went out. He said he was okay with it so off I went.

First stop was to the field that Mum and Dad own. They were doing some work on the trees and I went to help out. I'm obviously not too much help but it was just nice to be outside and not worrying about Ellis getting into trouble.

Kate arrived and Tyler gave us a hand sorting out the trees. He was very hot after so he stuck his head in a horse trough for a drink.



We all then piled down to the local pub for some drinks and food. The food was really good and we sat in the sun in the garden.

The pub is located opposite an old riding school I used to go to when I was about 7. It is closed now but the horse I used to take care of every weekend, Bluey, is in retirement in the field. I crossed the road to take a picture.



We stayed for quite a long time and then I went up Mum and Dad's house for a cup of tea and some biscuits.

I ended up chatting to Mum for ages! We sat in the conservatory until it was too cold and then I went home. It was just after 8pm.

It was so nice to just get home and chill out. I had a really good day but I couldn't wait to see Ellis in the morning.

The morning was Mothers Day. Rob was really tired so I got up early with Ellis and did the first stint. I knew Rob had bought some things to make me breakfast in bed, so when I was hungry, I asked him to swap over.

He had planned to melt some chocolate and to drizzle it over some pancakes. Unfortunately he burnt the chocolate. I think he just threw a load of it in a pan and didn't even break it up. He usually reads up online first but didn't this time. At least the thought was there. The breakfast was lush anyway. I had pancakes, 2 croissants with Nutella, cup of tea and a glass of orange juice.

Once I had finished, Ellis came up with a card and present. The card was amazing and he had picked it and made it himself.



My present was a puzzle of a picture of elephants. Ellis gave me a slight clue by saying, "elephant, hide!" I think he was saying the elephants were hiding under the wrapping paper that he also picked. He's a cutie.

We were all back in bed by 9:30am and we didn't get up until 12:15pm. What a lovely lazy Sunday.

We then had some lunch before getting Ellis' feet measured. He was so good, sat on Daddy's lap, he didn't make a sound. He has only gone up 1/2 a size so we are going to leave it another month before going back.

We took some flowers down to Rob's Mum and Ellis had fun looking at the fish in the pond. He loved it and was still talking about it as we went to see Leighton, Jaidan, Sabes and Jasper.

Uncle Dave happened to be there too so we I was able to just sit down and chat to Jaidan while Ellis ran havoc.

We arrived home really late and Ellis didn't have his dinner until 6:45pm, the latest ever! It doesn't matter too much now as he no longer has any milk before bed.

He had a quick bath and was soon sound asleep.

Monday was quite busy. We had Sing and Sign in the morning which was great as always, followed by Ellis and I having a long nap.

Nanny Rennolds came over in the afternoon and we went to my midwife appointment together and then into Sainsbury's to do quite a big food shop. It was good to have Nanny there to help.

After putting the food away, having dinner, bathing and putting Ellis to bed, I went out to my antenatal yoga class with Charlotte. Phew, tired just typing it.

This morning was quite boring but by lunch time we had a visitor. Sharon had dropped Sophie off for a few hours so that she could go and get her hair cut. The kids were really good together and played quite nicely. There was a few tugs of war over certain toys but overall it was a happy play time.





Sharon came back with a lovely bunch of daffodils as a gift for me babysitting, and we sat chatting, drinking and eating until about 4pm when they had to go home.



Ellis and I decided to make Anna a get well soon card/picture. I quickly got all the stuff together and I let Ellis go to town. He had great fun using the pens that I don't normally let him have.



We jumped in the car and dropped them off before coming straight home for dinner, bath and bed.

I have spent the whole evening blogging. I updated my pregnancy diary and finally got up-to-date with Top Flumps. Hope it is okay, and now I am off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails