Thursday 5 March 2009

19 Months Old

Ellis was 19 months old today and Grandad Rennolds turned 56. We phoned Grandad in the morning to wish him a happy birthday and that we would see him later.

It was very cold first thing and the heating took a while to kick in so I put my warm socks on Ellis. They came up to the tops of his legs. He didn't like it very much but kindly stood still for a picture.







I tried to put Ellis down for a nap in the morning and wanted to go back to bed myself, but it wasn't to be and we went back downstairs.

We played, and played and played all morning. We had a small lunch and then I tried again with the nap time. He went down at 1:30pm and woke up 2 hours later. I on the other hand, sorted the dishwasher, washing etc.

We then zoomed to the shops and up to Nanny and Grandad Rennolds' house so that Grandad could open his card and present. We bought him 14 hankies, which was Mum's idea, and he seemed rather pleased with them.



We played around for a bit and Mum helped to distract Ellis so that I could get his monthly face pictures.













It wasn't long before Uncle Craig, Auntie Karen, Charley and Auntie Katie and her gang turned up and Grandad went to the Chinese for some food which we all scoffed down. It was delicious!

Of course the best bit was the birthday cake and we all sang and watched Grandad make a wish. I think I know what it might be.



The kids also took it in turns blowing out the candles. I think Ellis will have worked it out by the time we have his 2nd birthday party.



Mum loaded me up with cake and we rushed home for bath and bed routine. Ellis was in bed by 7:45pm but he was still chatting away an hour later.

He has been asking for Daddy a lot today so it will be nice for him to see him tomorrow afternoon. He hasn't seen him since Monday night and that wasn't a good night.

We don't have anything planned for the weekend but I just hope we spend some nice time together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails