Saturday 14 March 2009

Sandra and Scruffs

Friday afternoon, Twinkling Stars was cancelled for some reason so we met Sally, Anna, Naomi and Iestyn at the big shops where there was a soft play area.

The kids had to have belts put around their waists to identify them and Ellis wasn't that impressed about it. He reversed right out of the gate and nearly up my leg! Bless him. I had to put the belt on and the lady locked it.

We all had so much fun and I can't wait to go again. Ellis took some time to warm up to it but he was soon off and playing.

The adults didn't miss out either.



Ellis has never liked ball pools, but I managed to get him in with no tears, and he stayed in for a while too. I think he may need to get out more and try some new things to build up his confidence. I think maybe his life is a little too routine sometimes.



Today, Sandra came to visit us. She had a long way to come but arrived a lot earlier than I thought she would. So much so in fact, that I wasn't even dressed!

We had a drink and long chat and when I got dressed, I woke Ellis up.

Sandra had brought along a new little friend for Ellis. He loves it and Sandra named him Scruffs.



We went out to an Italian restaurant for lunch and as Sandra pointed out, it is very much a case of eat and run! Ellis quickly gets bored, and although he is very well behaved, it does get to a point where I run out of ideas on how to entertain him.

Of course we had to stop off in the park on the way home, and Ellis was unusually active. He just ran up and down, up and down. I made him go on the slide a couple of times and the swing once but really he was only interested in running around. I didn't mind as he seemed to be very hyper.

Time was getting on, so I put Ellis back on his bike and we went home.



Shortly after arriving back, Ellis asked to go to bed. So we put him up for a nap. He didn't actually go to sleep but just laid quietly playing with his toys.

Sandra left about 3:30pm and I went to get Ellis shortly after as he was still awake. Rob on the other hand was asleep.

Ellis and I did colouring and then I made dinner for about 5:30pm. We had salmon fish fingers, sweetcorn and chips. I realised that I don't feed Ellis enough vegetables so I need to change that.
Rob did bathtime and I had a shower.

The evening was spent with Rob and I on our separate computers doing our own thing.

The only thing I want to do tomorrow is to take some photo albums back to Tesco. How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails