Tuesday 31 March 2020

Day 12 - Tits

Only day 12, really?   Can't even bring myself to blog tonight.  PMT? Maybe, or just had enough. 🤷  Need to just give myself a slap and be thankful that we're all healthy and that it isn't so bad.  It creeps up on me.  I'm totally fine one day and then slowly over time I gradually sink into a bit of a hole.  I just want to shut down, shut the world out and hibernate.  I get tired and drained from my head working overtime, thinking about worse case scenarios.  Why do we do that to ourselves?  I'll be fine tomorrow.

I've been sitting here for ages, with "happy hits" playing on Spotify just trolling through different people's Facebook pictures.  I should really just go to bed and get an early night.  But I won't.  Music usually cheers me up but it depends on what it is as sometimes it can just trigger me!  Could really do with a night out clubbing, dancing til 5am when I can't feel my feet anymore, followed by a dirty burger off a bin before taxi home. 😂 I realise I probably shouldn't be attempting that at my age but if this isolation thing is teaching me anything, it's that you just have to go out there and have fun!  I'm sure I can drag Karen, Saskia or Sally with me 😉🕺

I found the home schooling hard today.  It wasn't difficult to understand but I just didn't have any enthusiasm for it, not helped by the fact that Oscar kept moaning about how tired he was.  Leo and Oscar were a bit clingy today and needed lots of hugs and encouragement to do anything.  It was a slog.  The boys are also starting to niggle at each other a bit and that just makes everything so much harder.  The noise levels go up, tension rises and then there is shouting.

I didn't bother pushing Leo to do the school set literacy lesson.  I allowed him to have the freedom to type whatever he wanted.  I thought it was hilarious, but not sure his teachers would agree. 😂

There was once a cheeky little Robin who loved going to Leo’s house for food.  “Today’s a very nice day for food,” exclaimed the cheeky Robin.  “And I’ve seen Leo refill the feeder so it should be nice and fresh”.
“Okay! Stay safe!” Robin’s mum called back. “Bring me back some if you can!” Robin nodded and flew off.  His journey was peaceful, there was a steady wind and no one got in his way.  He got to the garden see Wood Pigeon the dumbest bird in Tree Top High. “Lost your way home again Wood?” exclaimed Robin with a sigh. “DUGH! No! I lost which way is up and which way is down!” said Wood who was stood on his head.
“Ugh. Why do I even bother?”said Robin to himself dumbly.  He looked over to the feeder and saw a gang of all sorts of tits on it. Robin was very cautious around tits because they look pretty but they’re actually REALLY dangerous.  He sat on Leo’s windowsill and waited for the tits to squirt out of there, but they didn’t. Every time one left another one came. “It’s been half an hour, surely they should of gone by now!” Robin said to Wood who was still on his head.

We managed to get through it all and after quiet time, which wasn't quiet at all, we all ventured to the park for a walk around the field.  Rob was home today so he came too.



Ellis took a rugby ball and had a kick about which was nice as our garden isn't big enough, Oscar and Leo took their bikes and Leo showed us an area in the trees where people had been building ramps.  He was so excited to show us and they started making their own little ramps to go over.  They weren't quite brave enough to do the big ones just yet.




It was really nice to get out and have a bit of exercise and I always love throwing a ball around, even if it was the wrong shape for me, proven by the amount of times I dropped it! I'm blaming the longer nails which I'm going to chop off tomorrow as the only thing they're good for is accidentally scratching yourself or bending them back on things.  I've kept my nails short for years.  I used to do it because Rob didn't like long nails, then we had babies and I didn't want to catch them and then netball. 🤷

After dinner we all just chilled on various screens, talking to friends and scrolling through endless crap.  I really should make better use of my time.  Something I'll work on.

Trying to get to bed before midnight tonight, so sorry the blog is a bit rushed, but like I said, I wasn't feeling it anyway.

I learnt today to not be too cocky about feeling ok and to make sure I keep tabs on myself.  I'm looking forward to hearing that someone I know who is poorly is on the mend and I'm grateful that we live close to open space and easy access to nice walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails