Wednesday 25 March 2020

Day 6 - Shauna Pops

9:15pm, just sitting down now from putting boys to bed, showering and washing my hair.  Been so busy I can't remember when I last washed it!  I actually don't want to wash it too much as it will rinse the dye out quicker 😁  Ooh I've just found the emoji insert tool.  Expect a lot more as I usually use them instead of words 😂

I wasn't planning on blogging every day but I love a routine and it has become my thing to do in the evening.  I hope it doesn't get too tedious but I'll try not to blog the same stuff in a different way.

We had a bit of an up and down day, which is to say it didn't run as smoothly as the previous two days.  I had to take a couple of phone calls, one from Leo's SENCO teacher and a couple of medical ones for Rob's mum.  This meant that the boys were left unattended for short periods of time, but clearly means they run riot.

I had a lovely chat with the SENCO teacher.  She is obviously finding the whole situation as unsettling as the rest of us and I really appreciated her checking in to see if there was anything she could do to help us out.  We are coping quite well for now and Leo has taken to home schooling quite quickly.  I think the routine has helped.  He definitely struggles but having me to help him along every other second has meant that he is getting lots done and then enjoying his free time in the garden.

This leads me on to my Shauna Pops.  My friend Lucy, who I have known my whole life, has 2 gorgeous girls, Ashlee and Shauna.  Shauna is autistic and with her school closed, her routine out the window, is really, really struggling to cope.  This then obviously has a knock on effect to the rest of the family. 😥

Yesterday morning Shauna was upset (sometimes she smashes things) and shouting and going over and over her schedule, eventually losing her voice.  The end result from a shouting episode is tears.  It breaks my heart every time I see her like this.  You just want to wrap her up and tell her that it is all okay and that she is safe.  Unfortunately she will never understand that.



Today I got a phone call from Lucy.  Shauna had put me down on her schedule and they were sitting in the car waiting to leave.  She was hoping that by the time they set off, Shauna would have changed her mind.  Unfortunately she didn't.  Lucy told me to lock the side gate, front door and close the curtains to pretend we were out.  Shauna got out the car happy, rang the bell and waited.  When we didn't answer she quickly escalated and got more and more distressed.  Lucy, as always, stayed calm and tried to soothe her and explain that we were on holiday, but she was having none of it!  First of all she wanted to sit and wait.


Then she broke a key to try and get in. 😞


The boys were amazing and so understanding.  They hid in the kitchen and were silent for the whole time.  I so wanted to open the door and give my mate a huge hug and let Shauna do her thing to get it out of her system.

Shauna has a routine when she comes to our house, it lasts a good 30 mins or so.  It involves food, drink and pacing around the kitchen island.  She has to have a certain number and type of drink (we try to change that each time), she has to pull all the cheesestrings apart and eat one, has to have at least one ice lolly but sometimes two, I'm pretty sure she's added a few more now but I can't remember at the moment, and she always walks the same way around the island.

I think they must of been outside for about 20 minutes, maybe longer,  but eventually Shauna got back in the car and they drove off.  I let the boys back outside and messaged Lucy.

A little while later I received a much happier picture of my Shauna Pops 😊


Once they were home, Shauna still wasn't settled and the decision was made for them to come up, Rob to take the boys out and to let her in to do her routine.  This didn't end up happening, today anyway, and she managed to spend a good bit of time enjoying the beautiful weather.  I think we are on the schedule for Friday.


Even though Lucy is going through all this, she is one of the most thoughtful people I know, when about an hour later I received a knock on the door from a delivery guy.  He had a massive box of flowers, tulips, one of my favourites and a little note from Lucy. 💕



I love them! Thank you x

I tell you what I'm also loving, the weather!  It's not too hot but the sky is clear, the sun is out and somehow it just makes everything feel not so bad.  Flowers are starting to come out and the magnolia is looking pretty.  I also love our little squirrel who regularly comes to the garden to steal the bird feed.  She, (I always call it a she) was at one point hanging completely upside down.  I wasn't able to get a picture quick enough so that was the best I could do.  I posted it on Insta saying "hang in there peeps!"  Ooh I'm so witty 😉



So with the distractions we didn't quite get as much work done as we have on previous days but ah well.  🤷 Tomorrow is another day.

Thanks to all the new Facebook group, we found out about this great thing on Google.  You search for an animal and then you can put a 3d picture of it in your house!  We're going to try and find some more tomorrow and I need practice on how to get them on the screen right.






The boys played tons in the garden and are getting on so well.  They are putting together routines on the trampoline and trying to bounce each other as high as possible.  I'm just waiting for an A&E trip!  I actually think Leo has already busted his finger but he isn't complaining too much and can bend it.


Dinner tonight was again wholesome and nutritious pizza.  Leo rolls his up, which I think is actually a great way to eat it.


It was Leo's turn tonight to have his music lesson over Facetime.  I was a bit concerned about this one but his lovely piano teacher said he did amazing and she was really pleased with how well he responded to what she was asking.  I've said I'm more than happy to continue this way if she thinks it is working.   The novelty might wear off for Leo but it's worth a try.  Anything to still be a little bit normal!


So after a long day, I sit and reflect.  I have so much to be grateful for.  My boys are healthy and happy, I have a home, a warm soft bed to go to tonight, food in the fridge, a husband who can still work and earn for us, that I'm able to be home to school the boys, that I have so many supportive friends, the list goes on.   I really am very lucky.

I've decided today, haven't told Rob yet, that I would like to use Sunday afternoon as a bit of look after me time.  Maybe go for a walk, drive, listen to a Brene Brown podcast (you should check it out, she's awesome) paint my toe nails, Rob to feed and put the boys to bed, maybe shave my legs, mess about with make-up, or anything else I fancy doing that day.  I'll probably change my mind when it comes to it.

I'm going to try and post something I've learnt during the day, something I'm looking forward to and something I'm grateful for.  I actually have a few from today but will save them up.  One important thing I've learned today is that I must wear a sports bra for the Jo Wicks workout!  I'm looking forward to hugs and I'm grateful for all the close friends I have in my life.   💕
Stay safe and well people!
Miss seeing everyone
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails