Tuesday 24 March 2020

Day 5 - Having a laugh

Well I don't want to be too smug yet as literally it's only been 2 days but we had another good day today!

Boys were great at getting up, making beds and getting ready for "school".

We did our Joe PE lesson and this time Ellis joined in which was nice.  I'm already feeling the effects of the exercising and can hardly walk or get up and down from the loo! :D

I was more prepared today for what we were going to do which made it all a lot easier.  I had the boys doing opposite tasks, Oscar did a Maths work sheet so I could sit with Leo to help with his Literacy.  It worked really well and I'll try and do that again tomorrow.

We had some lovely emails from the boys teachers and it's great to be in touch with them.  We send them regular updates, ask how they're doing and send them pictures.

Leo really struggles at various points in the day and I'm already working him out.  He just says he's tired or bored.  I tried to have a little chat with him about feelings and that sometimes we don't really know how we feel so we just say something like we're tired, bored or don't know.  I know I do!  I was basically just trying to get him to think about what else it might be.  He struggles to verbalise his feelings and we usually have to work out what is wrong by how he is behaving.  It was still a positive day overall for him though.

I can see how this blog is going to be pretty monotonous.  Literally every "school" day will be just the same thing and weekends will just be housework and chilling out.

On a day to day basis I just try to not think too much and just get through the day in the calmest and happiest way possible.  I haven't been checking the news and keeping social media to a minimum and when I do go on it, finding the positive happy stuff to look at.  I am regularly checking in with friends and making sure I stay busy.

I've told the boys that I will have to trim their hair soon.  I used to cut Rob's hair all the time and I don't think I would do that bad a job but none of them trust me.   Leo is adamant that he is growing it until we can get to the barber.  I wonder how long he'll last?


At lunch time today the lovely Scummy Mummies did a live Instagram feed, which we listened to.  They are so funny and everyone needs a laugh right now.  Luckily they kept it reasonably clean.



For Leo's DT lesson this afternoon he had to write about rationing in the war.  I tried to turn it around and make him the teacher and he seemed to like that.  He watched the video, made some great notes and then told me all about it.  He struggled to write down what he was talking about but he did some great work and then asked for me to send pictures of it to his teacher.  I will have to use that tactic more often.




Oscar did well today too.  They really are trying hard for me and I am surprised at how well it is going.  I like the fact that we have had two good days in a row, so if tomorrow goes tits up I won't care so much.


Oscar especially likes our half hour of quiet time, which I was going to use to have half hour of reading a book or colouring etc but I've used it to get ready for the following day instead.  Oscar uses it for colouring one of his favourite things, unicorns.


Lots more playing outside which is so nice for them.  They are getting lots of exercise and fresh air which is great.  I'm also hoping it will help them to sleep better too.


Well with all this healthy learning, exercise and fresh air, I thought it was only right that they have a wholesome and nutritious dinner of hotdogs, biscuits and yogurt all whilst sitting with their faces in screens.  You have to have some balance, right?!



Tonight the Mummy Lot (minus Sarah in Dubai) had agreed to meet up for an evening in with a glass of wine.  Well it didn't go according to plan.  Sally our retail hero needs to be up at 2am so she'd already gone to bed, Naomi didn't have wine or a webcam, Sharon has ran out of wine and could only see one person at a time on her screen, and I was trying to get 2 out of 3 kids to bed whilst still trying to have a conversation.  I clearly didn't do too badly and I must be hilarious based on this picture.


We did all manage to have a quick catch up and to lift each others spirits a bit.  I've actually had a rather positive day and felt a bit more like old Mush.  I'm not going to over think it for a change and just enjoy it while it lasts.  Long may it continue.

Having a laugh is very therapeutic and I've started following a few new people on Instagram, one of them being Knee Deep In Life.  She posted a hilarious story this morning and had me crying with laughter.  This is the stuff that will get me through and out the other side.


Right, it's late.  Husband thinks I'm putting off going to bed as I don't want to wake up tomorrow and do it all again, but to be honest, if it was like today then it's all good!  I'm actually up late waiting for the video of the boys on the trampoline to upload.  Night all x It won't be forever x

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails