Friday 27 March 2020

Day 8 - Warm Hug

We were all in a bit of a mood today.  I didn't want to get out of bed and the boys were all complaining that they felt tired and drained.  Maybe I've been working them too hard or just my mood rubbed off on to them.

They still did everything that was asked,  just with a few more complaints.  Leo had a really positive day and did all his work with no issues.  Oscar was in a foul mood and needed a lot more support. I suppose that's just how it goes.

Rob went into the office today which meant we had a spare laptop for Ellis to use and he came to sit with us at the kitchen table.  They were all very engrossed in their work this morning and I should have used the opportunity to read my book or do a job but instead I got ready for the next lesson.  I didn't set this up.



So my BIL Dave managed to get MIL to the hospital today for her tests.  I so hope we get some answers from this as it really could mean a massive difference to her life. 🤞

One of my netball buddies, Claire, sent this gorgeous sun rise picture in our group chat.  It was like a warm hug.  Made me realise that I am another day closer to getting back to normal.


Getting back to normal has been talked about a lot today between friends.  People have been saying about things they would change etc.  I really don't know what I would change. 🤷  It's something to think about though.

Yesterday I had a good day.  I had accepted that I couldn't do anything about the situation and that I just had to focus on what was in front of me, the boys.   I had got used to my new bubble of normal and I was just going to take each day as it comes.  That was yesterday.  

Today was just a hide under a blanket day.  Every break the boys had, I wrapped myself up like a baby on the sofa.  I think I'm just tired.  Late nights, not enough food and schooling the boys has been full on and challenging and I don't mean that in a negative way necessarily.   I will try to be kind to myself this weekend and recharge my batteries, ready for the new school week next week 😩


Not the best blog but just not feeling it today. Don't know why I'm feeling so flat. I don't really have anything to complain about.  I have a very privileged life, we are all healthy and get to spend some lovely time together.   I probably should have waited until tomorrow but like I've said, I'm a sucker for routine.  The wine probably isn't helping either 😂😴


I really should just be happy that we had such a successful first week at home.  The home schooling went much better than I anticipated and we stuck to the schedule without any major issues.  I'm so proud of my boys and proud of myself.😊

So today I've learnt that I need to use the quiet times to enjoy doing something that I like.  I'm looking forward to getting out of the house on the weekend and I'm grateful that I got through the school week without any major issues. 😊😊

I'm sorry it's not uplifting or interesting even, but I suppose that's life.  Tomorrow is another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails