Monday 23 March 2020

Day 4 - Home schooling and lockdown

So, day one of home schooling.  Boys all got up, dressed, ate their breakfast, done their teeth and Leo even made his bed!  A great start and I was really pleased seeing as my head wasn't in the best place from too much down time the night before.

The weather is great again today so they all played outside while I finished off packed lunches and tidied up from brekkie.

To start the day we did PE with Joe https://www.thebodycoach.com/blog/pe-with-joe-1254.html

I joined in too as I won't be doing any netball or netball training for a while but I really want to keep up some fitness for when we eventually go back, and we will go back, it's not forever!  This is my new mantra.

The boys did great with their learning, Ellis is having some teething problems with opening certain links etc and Oscar finished really quickly in the morning so we had to find other things to do in the afternoon.  We did end up doing Maths in the morning and English after as I couldn't quite work out what we had to do for the English lesson.  This is going to be a steep learning curve, but I have plenty of time I guess.



In between his lessons Ellis came to help me out.  He understands it all a lot more than me so I really appreciated it and the boys were happy for him to help.  He kept Leo motivated too which was needed before lunch as Leo was flagging badly.


Leo's lovely SENCO teacher and TA popped round to give him is new Busylegz foot rest which will hopefully help him.  It was also so nice to see another human face and not just a screen.  They stayed well away and I told them I would place another order in a couple of days so that I can get another visit. :)


My big brother Mark video called too.  Haven't seen him since Christmas so it was really nice to have a quick catch up when the boys were on their break.

My Mum phones me regularly with updates on how, and what she is doing.  The new thing today is starting a daily schedule of stuff she would like to achieve and also wants to learn Spanish!  Think it's a great idea.

My lovely friend Jodie popped by too with a bottle of wine for me and some chocolate for the boys.  Everyone should have a Jodie in their life.

The boys spent lots of time outside today, on the trampoline or shooting hoops.  Generally they are getting on well together so that makes it easier, although I lost my temper a couple of times, but it wasn't ever about school work, just them fighting or not doing as they were asked.

A new thing in this house is the boys helping with chores!  Leo and Oscar brought the washing down, separated it and put a load on.  Hoping with practice they will be able to do it on their own soon.  Next I need to teach them all to make me a nice cup of tea, followed by foot rubs, back massage and the ironing :)

Speaking of tea, Rob broke our kettle yesterday by cleaning it too much with descale stuff, but luckily he ordered a new one from Amazon Prime which arrived late afternoon.  It was okay boiling water on the hob though.

Obviously we are having to make lots of changes and the kids are definitely dealing with it better than me, but I'm trying to not show it in front of them.  One of the changes is Ellis now has to do his guitar lessons over Facetime and he had his first lesson tonight.  It seemed to work really well but it will be better when Henry can come back.  Leo will attempt his piano lesson over Facetime on Wednesday.  I hope that goes well too as it will be good to keep as much going as possible.


It feels like so much happened today.  I'm sitting here at half 9 at night, zonked, but feeling ok.  Boris announced lock down which we were all expecting and I think I feel okay about it because I'm hoping that means things will get better quicker and then this nightmare will be over.

I've spoken to a few friends and we are all trying to lift each others spirits and keep each other going.  Seems to be working for the most part.  Everyone seems up and down from minute to minute, not even day to day.

I'm so tired I just want to sleep, but I know as soon as I close my eyes, I'll be waking up to do it all again.  This day went so slow.

Shower and bed for me. I so hope we have another good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails