Monday 19 October 2009

St Ives & Home - Day 4 & 5

For our last full day we really wanted to do something that we couldn't do close to home. There were other things like petting farms, soft play things and parks but we can do all that by our house. Instead we went to visit the town of St Ives.

We had a relaxed start to the day with Rob having a little lie in and a casual breakfast before we left.

We drove around the town for a bit to try and find a good place to park and I think we were quite lucky with where we chose. It was right by everything and not overly expensive.

The boys, all 3 of them needed feeding but we had a quick look around the harbour first.







Ellis made friends with a seagull that was having his lunch.



We posed for pictures too. In the second picture Rob captured me mid jump.





We wandered along the front for a bit and eventually settled on a pub for some food. They did traditional Cornish pasties so Rob was happy. I had a bacon sandwich and Ellis a tuna sandwich but he hardly touched it. Leo fed then sat in the buggy watching everyone.





I felt like a dessert after and I thought it was a nice idea for Ellis to have an ice-cream by the sea side.






I love this picture of us.



Picture from the other side of the harbour.



Walking back towards the car, Ellis shoved his hands in his pockets. It looked so cute and I managed to get a nice picture of Father and Son walking together.



From the car park we could see a little chapel and a look out point so that is where we headed.





From behind the chapel, this was the view.



A couple of minutes later Ellis was asking to go to the toilet. I whipped out the travel potty and Rob set it up for him. It was so funny.









Luckily Leo was fast asleep so didn't get to witness all the fun. Spot the baby?





From the lookout point there wasn't that much to see, other than sea and some rocks.



A couple of minutes later Ellis said he needed to go to toilet again. I thought he might as he rushed the first attempt. So we set up the potty again and we were in for some more fun.





Ellis managed to go but then decided after I had tied up the last potty bag, that he needed to do some more. Daddy held him up and I held a nappy sack under his bum. It was so funny! You had to be there though. Ellis ended up weeing on my hand, missing the nappy sack and then started to claim that the seagulls would eat his poo poo! Hilarious! We cleared up, and decided to go and find somewhere to have a cream tea.

We found a lovely place that served yummy tea and even better scones with clotted cream and jam. It was delicious. Ellis was really good and the lady who ran the tea rooms kept him occupied with colours and a little aeroplane that she asked him to look after for her. He didn't want to leave.



Just down from the car park, I noticed a small pretty beach so with Ellis wearing his wellies, I thought it was a good opportunity to get him in the water a bit. Rob changed Leo in the car and waited for us.



The car parking had been used up so we went back to the holiday home.



The kids had dinner and then I decided to bath Leo in the sink as it was a bit tricky with him in the shower.





I did some packing and then had an early night.

We were up early the next day. Rob had hurt his foot so was unable to do anything to start with. I finished the packing and loaded the car while Rob did the dishes and made sandwiches for our journey home. We thought it would be easier if we couldn't find somewhere to stop.



I then received a text message from my friend Lucy, followed by a phone call from my Dad to say that the M5 was closed again! I couldn't believe it and I could have cried there and then. I didn't mind sitting in a car for hours on end but the kids would and that makes life that bit harder for us. I was dreading the journey but we left as soon as we could to get a bit of a head start, it was 9:30am.

We pretty much hit traffic straight away and it was a crawl most of the way home. We took A roads all the way back and I was driving as Rob's foot was still hurting.

Considering how long we were in the car, the boys were really good. Leo only kicked off once and finally went back to sleep, Ellis on the other hand was a lot harder to console. He had a short snooze and we eventually stopped at a little services for a loo break and to eat our sandwiches, which were yummy by the way. Rob is really good at making sandwiches.







Ellis had a run around and then we set off again. We zoomed as fast as we could on the last bit as we really wanted to make it to Ellis' Big Stars class as he really needed to release some energy.

We just made it, and it started at 3:15pm. It took us nearly 6 hours to get home. If the M5 was open and working well it should take around 3 hours.

Back at home at last. We emptied the car, put some washing on, had something to eat and watched telly.





We put the boys to bed then sat down and relaxed before going to bed ourselves.

I really enjoyed our holiday. The travelling wasn't so good but we survived. Holidays aren't what they used to be and Rob said he wasn't sure what he expected but I don't think he would like to do it again. He enjoyed spending the time with us but just felt like it was a bit too much like being at home. The entire holiday is spent timing things in between feeds for Leo so that does restrict it a bit. I loved being with my boys and seeing and doing different things to the normal week. Maybe Portugal next year will be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails