Tuesday 20 October 2009

Not Too Bad

What a grotty day. The weather was just gloomy and miserable.

We casually got ready this morning and went up to my Mum's house so that we could get our hair cut. The appointment was at 11:30am but we got there earlier than that so Ellis could play with some different toys etc.

Ellis didn't want his hair cut to start with and he ended up sitting on my lap again, crying. Leanne the hairdresser, and I did a sterling job of keeping his mind occupied and she managed to do quite a good hair cut. She did it shorter on the back and sides than normal and left it long and thick on top. I'll try and get some pictures in the morning.

We stayed for lunch which was really nice and then I packed the troops into the car to go home.

Ellis fell asleep within 3 minutes and I am not making that up, so I drove slowly home.

It wasn't long before we had to leave again for Mummy afternoon at Sharon, Sophie and bump's house.

We arrived a little early but soon Sally and Anna had arrived too and the kids played while the adults drank and ate. I put Leo down for a short nap but he was still a bit grumpy which was a shame.

When we got home I put him in the door swing and he was well happy.

Ellis makes Leo laugh more than anyone and I love watching them interact with each other. It makes me feel so happy.

Leo was grumpy again so I fed him and he promptly fell asleep. He was sound asleep at bath time so I bathed Ellis and left Leo to sleep. Once I had finished with Ellis I thought I would just change Leo and put him to bed before drying Ellis' hair and putting him to bed. Big mistake! Leo screamed and I had to leave him to it as Ellis was wet and running around naked. I had to get Ellis sorted and in bed before I could help Leo. I wont be doing that again, I'll just let Leo sleep.

Ellis went to bed fine and after a short feed Leo went back to sleep. Leo really needs to go in his big bed soon as he constantly hits his hands/arms on the side of the crib and it wakes him up. I hope he sleeps better when he is moved. If you count the 10pm feed, he is still waking on average 4 times a night. I actually don't feel too bad at the moment. I hope that continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails