Friday 9 October 2009

Playmates

Since having the boys I have been very blessed to have met some wonderful people that support me and provide entertainment for my children. I don't know what I would do without them and I see them very regularly.

I have my group of Mummy friends who I met through having Ellis and I now have my Active Birthing group of Mummies who I met through having Leo. It really has been quite amazing as the AB group all have toddlers as well as new babies, so we are all in the same boat. In my Mummy friends group, apart from Sarah, we were all first time Mums.

On top of that I have my old yoga group of friends, we all had boys first time around which was cool, and apart from me only one other is due her second. We don't meet up that often but we have a Christmas meal planned which will be nice.

I have also met Caroline and Angus in my antenatal group with Leo. We have remained in touch and live local to each other. Caroline bring Angus here for a visit most weeks and I love it as Leo has a friend his own age.





Today we were surprised to see the newest member of our Mummy group at the Big Stars class. Her name is Honour and she was born on Tuesday morning, just. She is hopefully going to be a playmate for Leo too.





While we were waiting to go into Big Stars I took some pictures of the boys, waiting patiently.





So counting all the kiddies from my groups, there are 14 playmates for Ellis and 8 for Leo which I love.

I tried so hard to get a picture of the boys together today but it just wasn't happening, as you can see. At one point Leo face planted but he was fine.











I don't know if you can tell but in the above picture Ellis has a plaster on his finger for the first time. He fell over and took a chunk of skin off of his knuckle. It bled for ages but he was so brave, he didn't make any fuss and he loved having the plaster on. He did nurse his hand for a while and didn't use it properly but once he forgot the plaster was there, he was fine.

Leo has progressed again with his motor skills. I caught him today, on his belly, lifting his bum up into the air! It wont be long before he works it all out I'm sure as he gets very frustrated when he can't reach something. Ellis never used to care. He would just sit there and wait for you to bring stuff to him. Another thing Leo has started to do today that Ellis never did, is to arch his back so you can't always put him down properly. He nearly popped out of the Bumbo seat this morning and to get him in the car seat you have to push his belly down and quickly buckle him in, little bugger!

We have a busy weekend ahead and then we are on holiday so there will be quite a gap in blogging, probably a week which I think is pretty much the largest gap I've left on here, apart from when Leo was born and I was in hospital for a week. I will try and post one more before we go.

I have done a list of things we need to take. It covers 1 1/2 pages of A4 and 90% of the stuff on there is used every day so I can't actually do the packing until Sunday. Need to get a suitcase out of the loft then at least I have somewhere to put some of the things I plan to take. Actually, here is the list:

CHANGING
Nappies - 6 per day for Leo
Wipes - one pack
Nappy sacks
Cotton buds
Changing Mat (little one)
Changing bag/box
Pull-ups – 5+

FEEDING
Muslin cloths x 2
Breast pads x 4 pairs
Ellis bibs - fabric and catcher
Ellis cup
Snacks - biscuits, crackers, crisps
Bowl & Plate
Cutlery - not nice ones
Booster seat
Leo bibs - loads

BATHTIME
Towels x5
Hairdryer
Wash stuff for kids
Toothbrush and paste
Pj's for both x3
Story book

CLOTHES
Clothes for Ellis - Jeans, t-shirts, shorts, swimming trunks, socks, shoes, pants x 8, wellies, waterproof jacket, joggers, trainers
Clothes for Leo - vests, grows , bottoms, tops, socks, jacket
Blanket for Leo x2
Jumper
Slippers for both

SLEEPING
Travel cot - sheet for base
Rabbit
Blanket
Leo sleeping bag x2
Ready bed & pillow/case

OTHER
Leo's chair & Mat
Travel potty/spare bags
Toys
Books
Colouring
My book
Rein
Sling
Buggy
Scrabble
Camera - charged
Spare memory card
First aid kit - Calpol, plasters, Savlon, paracetamol, Sun cream
Bucket and Spade
Arm bands
Leo float device
All bedding including bottom sheet/V Pillow

FOR ME & ROB
PILL
Shower gel, scrub
Shaver
Omega
Hairbrush
Toothbrush and Paste
Comfy clothes for me
Jeans for me and t-shirts
Clothes for Rob - him to sort
Socks
Pads for me
Pants
Boxers
Bra
Waterproofs
Slippers

IN THE CAR
Books
Toys
Wipes
Tissue
Drinks
Snacks
Blanket
Sun Glasses for Ellis
Football

FOR VAN
Toilet Roll x2
Tea Towel
Washing up Liquid
Dish cloth
Kitchen roll
Tea bags
Porridge
Rob Cereal
Weetabix
Raisins
Bananas
OJ
Milk
Bread
Butter
Cheese strings
Ellis snacks

I am sure I have missed something.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you forgot one thing, well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails