Sunday 11 October 2009

Cardiff 10K

It was a very early start today as we were heading to Cardiff so that Rob could run the 10K with some work friends. Taking part were, Simon, Wayne, Alex, Ken, Rachel and Rob.

We woke up late! Rushed around like lunatics and just made it into the car as Simon and Wayne pulled up, spot on timing really.

It took ages to get to Cardiff, Leo slept but Ellis stayed awake chatting to us.

The weather was horrid! I'm so glad I asked Rob to check the weather forecast as I wasn't going to take the waterproofs. As it happened, it rained the whole time we were outside! Soaked again, just like the time we went to the air show.

First stop was at Alex, Emily and Noah's house. Everyone put their numbers on and Emily did 2 trips in the car to take everyone to the starting point. They had to do a warm up first so we were going to walk down and meet them later.



While we were waiting we painted some banners to hold up when we went to see everyone running.





We left the house a little later than planned so as we turned the corner to the meeting point, we could see Rob and Alex waving away at us! Oh no we had missed them! I was totally gutted as that was the whole point in us going.



I talked the others into trying to get to the finish line. The marshal said we could walk along the path that the runners were using. It was quite a way and we marched on and on in the pouring rain, with my rucksack on and 2 kids in the buggy. I was sweating and getting a good workout too.

We eventually made it to the finish, just missing the boys crossing the line! DOH!

Rob finished the race in under an hour which was his target and I am so pleased for him. He has worked really hard to improve his fitness and I never thought he would be wearing a number to take part in a run. Well done hubby we are really proud of you. xxx











A local radio station was taking pictures for their website and they allowed us to have a copy of it.



We then had a very long walk back to the house, in the rain. Rob and Alex marched on and left me and Emily at the back. I was hit by a conker still in its spiky case which wasn't nice and I was soaked through right to my pants and I didn't have a change of clothes with me.

Emily let me borrow a pair of trousers and we all walked, yet again, to a local restaurant where we all tucked into some lovely Italian food.

As soon as we had finished, we walked back to the house and set off home.

It took a while to get back and Leo wasn't particularly happy about being in the car. I hope he isn't like that tomorrow as we have to travel a lot further. He looked cute in his outfit though.







The evening has been very busy getting stuff ready for our first family of 4 holiday and just tidying, bathing and putting the boys to bed.



Rob and I are shattered and can't wait to get to the campsite tomorrow. I am going to spend the evenings snuggled up to hubby with a good book. Heaven.

1 comment:

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails