Sunday 18 October 2009

Hippo Train & Fistral Beach - Day 3

First thing in the morning of day 3 we knew we wanted to go on what we called the Hippo Train. We had missed it the day before and we were close to missing it again but luckily they were running a bit late and we ended up with a good seat.





It wasn't really that cold but when we were moving the breeze on us was really bitter and we all wished we had wrapped up a bit more.









To get warm we went into the little on site cafe and had a cup of tea. I didn't have anywhere to put Leo so he got to sit in a high chair for the first time.





Ellis had another go on the Thomas ride and I let Leo join him which was really cute.



When the ride was finished Ellis kept asking us for more money. I didn't even know that he knew what it was but he kept asking. It was really cute and I can't believe our 2 year old is already asking us for money!

Once warm we went to the swimming pool. They have a great indoor pool with a toddler area and chutes. Unfortunately they didn't seem that kitted out for families which was really strange. We all crammed into a small changing room and then the lockers were so small, we had to use 3!

We finally made it in to the pool and dunked the boys which they didn't seem to mind. I then dragged Ellis on one of the chutes with me. It was great but I don't think Ellis really liked it that much. He just wanted to go back to see Daddy in the pool. He did later ask to go on it again and I jumped at the chance. I loved it! I went down a few times on my own and Rob had a go too although he wasn't that bothered.

We stayed in for an hour and then had to wait ages for a cubicle with a baby change unit in it. When one came free we realised that one women had been using a family cubicle! I remained semi calm as had to get the boys dressed quickly.

Back at the van we sorted out the wet stuff and left for the local Morrisons, which I love, for some lunch.

While we were standing in the queue to pay for the food, Ellis started nodding off to sleep, so I ran for the buggy and when I came back, Leo was asleep in the car seat! I have no idea why I didn't work out that the swimming would tire them out so much.



We had our lunch, waited for the boys to wake up so that I could feed Leo and we did a bit of shopping before going back to the van to give Ellis some food. He didn't like the soup we bought so ended up just eating bits of rubbish again.

We decided to go out again in the late afternoon to just have another look around Newquay, maybe find somewhere for dinner. We ended up looking out at Fistral beach which was lovely. It was full of surfers and there was a camera crew packing up as we arrived so there was probably something going on that day.





We took a long walk through the town again, bought a few books and then found a Costa Coffee to have a cuppa while I fed Leo.

At the van we had dinner that we had bought earlier in the day and then the boys just played around until bed time.

Leo is really starting to try to get around as you can see. Not that thrilling a video but it's a good memory for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails