Friday 11 November 2011

Oscar 8 Months Old

Oscar is 8 months old! When did that happen? He will be walking soon! He is on hyper speed with his crawling, commando style and I must get a video of it before he works out being on his hands and knees, which he can do for a few paces but then head dives towards the floor.


Weaning isn't going well at the moment as he is a bit off colour and isn't eating. He is having milk feeds but that's it for now. I won't rush him to go back to food and I'm sure we will be back on track soon.



He has 6 teeth, 2 at the bottom, 4 on top and I think he must have another on the way.

He is sleeping quite well in his new room and to be honest I'm not finding the night feeds too bad anyway. I have a comfy chair, I just feed, wind for a bit then put him back down. He has done just over 12 hours, once but that was a one off for now.

He is now in 4+ nappies and I don't think it will be long before he is in size 5. His clothes are 6-9 months but they are all rather tight/short so I will be moving him up to 9-12 months, probably tomorrow.


He chats a lot, says mum mum mum the most and blows raspberries. He also screams really loud and gets rather angry. It isn't pleasant but he makes up for it with tons of smiles and coos.



I'm still not sure what colour hair he will end up with. It is growing so slowly! I think strawberry blonde for now but I thought that about Leo too, and look how he turned out.





Here are the 8 month pictures of the boys.

Ellis.



Leo.




Oscar.




My boys.




We had a lovely time up Nanny and Grandad Rennolds' this week. The boys ate well, Ellis even trying pie for the first time, and he ate his peas without even complaining! Bath time is always good fun and they played games, read stories, played on the Wii, iPads, ran around and just generally had fun.




My sister was there, sat in the dark with goggles on as she had had her eyes lasered that day. This was the second time she had to have it done, and I felt so sorry for her as I know what a horrid experience it is. The end result is obviously worth it but not a nice thing to go through.

Today has been a good day. Rob ran Ellis over to school, which meant me and the younger boys didn't even have to get dressed, which is ace. Then I played and spent time with Leo which is always lush, and then we had friends over, including a brand new baby, Lucy. She was so cute and kept giving me huge smiles! Loved it but I didn't feel broody at all, which in a way is a good thing. Lucy is totally gorgeous, and a little girly, but I know that I'm over that newborn baby thing at the moment. I'm sure that will change.



As for me, I really need to diet. The milk feeds are reducing, as are my boobs! I feel so unhealthy too. I really need to get fit, which will help with the self esteem and energy levels. It's just finding the energy and enthusiasm to do it. I want to blog. If I was up-to-date with that then I think I could concentrate on other things.

Ellis is doing so well at school. He seems to really enjoy learning his phonics and writing etc. Today he came home with yet another set of words for his humpty wall. I think they want to keep him busy. His drawing is improving too. He drew a person with a big smile and wrote Daddy by it. So cute. He also brought home a little certificate today for having very good table manners. So proud of him. Can't believe I have to wait until March to see his learning diary and talk to the teachers again. I know I could ask them at any time but as long as there aren't any problems it's probably just best left for now.


It's getting late again. Gone 11pm and I'm still typing. I just love it though. Have 2 parties to attend tomorrow so I better get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails