Tuesday 22 November 2011

Bad Start

Today started out with one of those mornings where I stumble out of bed, ricochet off a few walls and wonder how on Earth I will get through the day. After getting in very late, going to bed even later, getting up twice with Leo, once to pee, and feeding Oscar twice too, I was soon called early from my lack of slumber by Ellis saying he had a belly ache.

I made it downstairs without dropping Oscar, which was quite a result as I felt drunk from lack of sleep. Ellis' belly ache turned out to be hunger and Oscar was moaning for food so they ate early, about 6:30pm. Leo, unbelievably, carried on sleeping for a while longer which was great.

Rob thankfully took Ellis to school this morning which allowed me a bit longer to get Leo and Oscar ready to go out. Oscar in fact went back to bed at 8am which is a new thing.

Leo was good at his gym class but I had to tell him off at the start. I had to be really firm with him as I just didn't have the energy or patience for it today. It worked, which was a relief.

Tried to make Leo's lunch fun.

Next stop was Naomi's house for a cuppa and bit of cake. It was there that I realised I was really hungry and I soon worked out why, I had forgotten to eat breakfast. I am on a diet at the moment but not a strict or stupid one!

Oscar and Leo were not easy at Naomi's. Leo wet himself and Oscar was miserable. I tried feeding him but he was biting and pulling off with his teeth clenched, so not the most pleasurable of experiences but it was nice to see Naomi and Charlotte. I'm seeing them again Friday for a Chinese takeaway. Can't wait!

Mum came over this afternoon. She arrived just before 2 and I had just put my head down for a nap. The door bell wasn't working so she knocked on the door and I flew up off the sofa. I have no idea if I was there for 10 seconds or 10 minutes!

Feeling groggy I sat with a cuppa watching Mum doing my ironing. That cheered me up no end.

The afternoon was great fun in the end. I think I felt happy because I didn't have to rush off anywhere or feed the boys somewhere akward or try to entertain them at Sainsbury's. We played skittles, football, sang, danced, ran around, and just generally made lots of noise.

Ellis had a new reading book from school which he just read by himself on the first attempt, which is amazing! He then used his humpty wall to make a sentence which said "yes I am going to get a big dog". I did a wow sticker for him to take to school tomorrow. So proud of him.

The evening was just as relaxed. No bath, the boys played games with Daddy, and Ellis had a late story time alone with Mummy. It was a great end to a day that didn't start so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails