Saturday 5 November 2011

Fireworks!

I'm liking this new way of doing the blog. I'm not stressing about it and I quite happily leave it a few days then come and just write about stuff I remember. If I have pictures and videos that I haven't written about, that doesn't matter, I'll just put them on anyway.



Ellis went back to school this week and I managed to grab his teacher after a couple of days to find out how he was doing. She said he was doing really well and is obviously trying very hard. She did say that he is quite bright and will need a lot of stimulation at school to stop him from becoming bored. Tell me something I don't know! So he came home this week with TWO new sets of words for his Humpty wall. I'm not sure if I've explained that before or not but basically it is a laminated piece of card with bits of Velcro on it for sticking different words on to make sentences. He has 3 sets of words now and can read all of them, including I, a, get, look, up, on, cat, dog, mum, dad, can, to, just to name a few. I'm really quite amazed.





Ellis wrote Mum, for the first time at school and he brought it home saying it says I love you Mummy. How cute is that!? I am so cuffed, and I'm going to keep it forever!

Leo is also doing amazing and is really enjoying joining in with learning. He can do the letter name and most phonic sounds for the letters that Ellis has learnt. Leo is getting better with colours and knows loads of shapes, even octagons. He loves numbers, doing puzzles and singing the alphabet song. Preschool certainly tires him out.









Oscar has started trying to crawl properly this week and I tried hard to get it on video but every time I turned it on, he stopped! We were at Mum's on Thursday as usual, and I think the fact that she has carpet, helps him to crawl properly. Leo started crawling properly at Nanny's.




Oscar went to his first ever group this week. I took him to Jolly Babies with Debs. He loved it, and I can't wait to take him next week. He needs to get used to it a bit as he doesn't normally just sit on my lap waiting his turn to roll a ball etc, so that will all come with time. I've also booked him in to start sing and sign, starting on 9th January. I hope he likes that too.





The only thing bad about doing the blog this way is that I may forget to mention some things, and I may also repeat myself a lot! Ah well, I probably also repeat myself a lot too.

I went over to Saskia's house on Wednesday evening for a take away meal. Viven was supposed to come too but she phoned to say something big had come up so wouldn't be making it. We later found out that she had got married! As good excuse as any I suppose ;o)


After Ellis' swimming lesson of Friday we walked to a near by firework display. It had been raining heavily most of the day and the field was just mud! We had taken the buggy as I knew that Leo walking that far was not a good idea, and plus carrying Oscar in the sling hurts after a while as he is quite a chunk.


We had a lovely time. Rob had some chips, the boys shared jelly beans with Aiden as Saskia, Rory and Keira were there too, and we watched some really good fireworks. Oscar didn't seem to mind them at all, but Leo was a little worried and even wet himself twice! He wasn't crying though or making too much fuss which was good.













Ellis had had a long day and after all the walking, was very very tired.

I had a terrible night last night. I was up 8 times! Leo woke, and Oscar wasn't happy so I was literally bouncing off the walls at one point. I've been feeling rather rough all day.

Ellis was asleep this morning when Leo woke up and I tried so hard to quickly grab him without disturbing Ellis but I didn't manage it unfortunately and poor Ellis wobbled out of his bed room, half asleep. He was to remain tired all day too, and quite moody.

Rob woke feeling ill again, which is actually the fourth weekend in a row now that he has been ill for one reason or another, and so at one point during the day took himself off to bed without even a word. He actually went into Ellis' bed as well for some reason. I thought he was doing work or something, but nope, he was having a nap.



Once up, he took the boys out for an hour, I did some chores and cooked dinner in time for when they got home.

Oscar ate really well tonight. He had a whole rusk with not much left over, some vegetables and 2 yogurts.



I forgot to mention that for the past 2 days, I've spent a serious amount of time in the kitchen, cooking! Get me! I've been making some meals for Oscar. I've actually quite enjoyed it but I have no idea how people cook proper meals for a big family of little ones. I don't know how to entertain 3 young children, and make sure they are safe, while trying to sort out food, cook it and dish it up! I am trying though and was very pleased with my results, as was Oscar who scoffed the beef and sweet potato dish.



Tonight Nanny and Grandad George, and Uncle Dave came over so that we could have a few fireworks on bonfire night. Uncle Dave did all the work in the garden and we just watched from the play room. Leo wasn't too sure again but he did watch.


Oscar was really ready for bed, so I bathed the boys and put Oscar down and then we watched some more fireworks from the window of the boys room, which worked quite well as we got to see the rockets going up.


The boys had story time with their grandparents and uncle and they went to bed. It didn't take them too long to go off.

I'm having a lie in tomorrow, and I can't wait.


Blogger has completely changed the way in which you add pictures and videos and you wouldn't believe how long it has taken me to do this entry!  Hopefully I will get quicker at it, and soon as yet again I find I'm falling behind.  Arse!

2 comments:

  1. I totally get how hard it is to cook meals while watching little ones! We have a very open concept house and their playroom is across from our kitchen. When the triplets were born we bought a large gate to keep them "contained" in the playroom. It's still up and it is so helpful because that room is totally child proofed and I can see everything at all times!
    Your videos didn't come out =( Hope you guys are well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorted vids x
    Wish I had a room like that, or at least a hatch so I can see what they are up to.
    We are all good. Thinking about you loads. How on Earth do you cope!!!? xxx

    ReplyDelete

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails