Tuesday 15 November 2011

Many Firsts!

One of the 2 parties on the weekend was cancelled so I had a bit more time to sort things out after I had my lie in. Rob went back to bed for an hour too.

I have no idea!
An interview with the boys at breakfast.


Oscar was in bed napping when it was time for the party so Rob took Ellis to the party instead. I got a phone call at the time the party should have started with Rob saying that the party had finished! I checked the invite for the time but then realised that I had sent him to the wrong place! He wasn't impressed for obvious reasons. They finally made it to the right place but missed most of it. Bit sad but it was an easy mistake to make.

I gave Oscar an early lunch as he had had a late nap and then decided he didn't want a milk feed.


I took the other 2 to Sainsbury's and Oscar sat in the trolley with Leo for the first time.  It worked out quite well but Leo did get fed up with him come the end.


Oscar started clapping. I guessed he was clapping anyway, and then when we cheered he started clapping again. He was also clapping on demand too. It is so cute and I'm sure he is doing it sooner than the other 2 did. I love it!  I managed to get it on video at bath time.




Rob was out all day Sunday being a tour guide for a work colleague who was over from the States. I thought about going with him but then decided against it.









It took me a while but I finally got all 3 out for a trip to the park, which they loved and Oscar got to have his first go in a swing on his own. He wasn't that fazed by it.









Sophie was at the park with her 2, too, so she sent me a picture of Ted having a fun time.


I had a lovely day on Monday. I went to the big shops first thing and started my Christmas shopping and then Lucy came over and we had a really good natter. She also helped me to clear up a really bad, up the back poo, nappy. I ended up bathing Oscar to clean him properly and I let him play for a while so that he could move around, splash and play with toys without them being snatched away from him. He loved it!


I took Leo to Sainsbury's after dropping Ellis off at his dancing lesson and we were zooming around shopping, when he fell over and slid across the floor. He firstly said ow!, but then realised that the sliding was actually quite fun. From that point on, he ran as fast as he could, then hit the floor and slid along on his belly. It was hilarious to start with but after 10 times I thought that was enough.

I know this is a bit random but I got Ellis to wear a baby hat that he wore when he was little so that I could post a comparison picture.  So here it is.

Nearly 6 months old.

4 years 3 months old.
Ellis came home from school with yet more words to learn. He has words now that can't be sounded out so he just has to learn them. He has see, play, like, said, all, come and my. He is doing so well.

He had his first school trip today to Westonbirt Arboretum. I was so excited for him. He was snuggled up in thick clothes and had a lunch for him. When we got to the school I noticed everyone had backpacks! Ellis didn't! I ran home to see if I could find one but I just don't have any really suitable. I ended up giving him my bag from travelling, which actually worked out okay.

He had too much drink in the bag though and it was majorly heavy for him. So much so that when he entered the class room he said in a strained voice "Mrs Kirby I'm so heavy today!". Cute.

I really wanted to watch him get on the bus but I had to go to Leo's gym class so I gave the camera to a friend who took some pictures and a little video. Unfortunately he sat on the inside, upstairs on the bus so she couldn't see him. He later scolded me for not being there to see him off. I felt really bad but it was Leo's class, that was already paid for.





Leo was terrible in the class though. He just ran around, jumping on and off the apparatus at the wrong places and not really taking part properly. I had Oscar strapped to me so it was a bit difficult to control Leo as every time I managed to get hold of him, he just flopped to the floor and I was unable to do anything. Rachel the helper, tried to help, but it was impossible. I don't know why he was like that.

I met with some Mummy friends for lunch at a local pub and Leo's behavior didn't really change so it was quite hard work. I took him to the loo on 4 occasions, and Oscar did another up the back poo so I had to sort him out too. I didn't get to chat much, just tidy and clean up and tell Leo to behave. Hopefully we will meet on a Wednesday next time so that I just have Oscar who was actually as good as gold.

At home, Leo napped and I recovered.



I watched the bus pull up outside the school from my bedroom window and I tried to see Ellis but the sun was really strong. I did see him and a teacher pointed me out to him and we waved and gave the thumbs up. I later found out that he had fallen asleep on the bus on the way home, and Thomas who he was sat with, had done too. They took a picture of him and I so hope I can get a copy of it.


We were all rather happy at home in the evening.  Oscar has found a new thing that he loves, Ellis was practicing his spelling, Leo was singing Apple Bottom Jeans and everyone was having fun.  Happy days.




I've done some major Christmas shopping for the boys tonight and apart from a few other things, I'm done. I've gone way over the top though. Ah well, they are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails