Friday 20 May 2011

Ellis' Best Friend

Lucy came over for a visit around lunch time so while we were waiting I took some pictures of Oscar who is changing every day!








Lucy stayed for a nice long time and we had a really good chat. She watched the boys for me so that I could go and pick Ellis up from school.

My Mum, Sister and Kamron also popped over at the same time which was nice.

In the afternoon the boys played with their new garden toys.


That night Oscar fed and fed and fed and I finally got him into his crib at 10:30pm. By the time I had showered I was shattered and unable to do any blogging. This routine is still ongoing now (30/06/11) hence the lack of blog entries. Short and sweet is my motto now.

As you can see my picture taking has gone down hill too and I take most pictures on my phone. They are rubbish though!


17th May was the anniversary of 15 years with Robert! Our first date, all that time ago, was to the cinema to watch 12 Monkeys.

The morning was spent playing buses, watching Mr Tumble, who is ace by the way, playing in the garden and feeding.

After lunch we all went to the soft play place and met up with Sally, Charlotte, Naomi and all the kiddies. We had a fab time and stayed for dinner and didn't leave until 5pm. The only downside to the place is that you end up leaving smelling of chip fat! If they could sort that out then that place is perfect for me right now. The boys go off and play, but I can still see them and I get to sit and feed, drink tea and chat to my friends with relatively few interruptions. There are still the nappy changes, toilet trips, sorting out fights, taking care of bumps, getting food and drink etc but that isn't a lot, is it?

Bath time that night for some reason was really tough. Oscar screamed and screamed so I was trying to rush Leo and Ellis and they were having none of it. They kicked off and it was one big disaster. It was very stressful and usually I just inwardly laugh at the craziness but I was obviously tired and didn't enjoy it very much.

They were all, including Oscar in bed by 8:30pm.

18th May, Ellis went to school as usual and I drove him so that I could go to Sainsbury's to do the food shopping. I also managed to visit Costa Coffee and caught up with antenatal group from having Oscar. The only problem was Leo. Bless him, was pretty good but everyone arrived late, with their buggies filling up the cafe, and by that time Leo had eaten all of his snacks and was bored.

We went to Leo's music class but he was tired and fed up so didn't do very well.

We went home and I have him lunch before putting him down for his nap.


I had to wake Leo up to go and pick his brother up. I hate doing that but I have no other choice and Leo rarely complains. Mum was obviously busy that day but I don't know what.

Again I drove to pick Ellis up and decided to take the boys to the park to kill some time before Ellis' music class.

We met Sally and Anna there and they all played for a bit before we walked them to their group.

I sat in Sainsbury's cafe, drinking water and giving Leo snack after snack to keep him happy before picking Ellis up again to go home, again, and have dinner, again, and bath time, again, and then bed, again. Oscar went to bed at 8:30pm but woke at 1am and 5am for feeds.

That was a very full on day, in and out of the car, so I was shattered and went to bed shortly after the boys.

19th May was a Thursday which is Ellis' swimming lesson day. We did the usual things in the morning but left early for his lesson so that we could go and have a look at a double buggy that was for sale on netmums.com. The lady was really nice and I had a look at the buggy and sat Leo in it. It would do the job I thought so sorted the money out, loaded it up and left for his lesson.

The lesson today was the first time I had taken all 3 on my own. I wasn't worried about it as I knew Sharon would be there with her Ellis and I was sure she would give me a hand if she could.

As soon as I sat down to watch, Oscar stirred for a feed. I sat and fed him and Leo ate his lunch in the buggy. He was actually quite well behaved for him but Oscar didn't finish his feed in time so Sharon sorted out my Ellis too.

While we were packing up the 2 Ellis' were messing around with the swinging door and my Ellis trapped other Ellis' thumb in the door! Not pleasant but luckily he was very brave.

We had to rush off up to my Mum's as we were having our hair cuts done. I had some other stuff done too. I had it dyed, high lighted and chopped. I was really pleased with the result.




The boys played nicely in the front room and it was actually a quiet afternoon.



We arrived home quite late and I managed to get Oscar down at 8:45pm which I thought was great, until he woke again at 9:30pm. I managed to get him back off to sleep and I spent a while sorting out the kitchen before having a shower and bed, late.

Even though I was really tired, we were all happy and chirpy in the morning, so of course I tried to take some pictures to send them to Rob.







I spent the morning cleaning, washing, putting clothes away etc and then I fed Oscar at the computer he went to sleep. I took a picture on my phone and then I realised that I had seen this same picture 2 years earlier!

Oscar sleeping...


...Leo sleeping.


I put Oscar down in his chair and he stayed there for a while longer.


That afternoon I asked Rob to come home early from work as Ellis' best friend from pre-school was coming over for dinner.

Rob arrived just after I had started to walk up the road, but he soon caught up with me so that he could help me at the school too.

Ellis was so excited but Matthew was a little worried I think. Ellis held his hand all the way home!



Matthew was a little upset to start with but soon settled down and played with all the toys and followed Ellis around. They played on the computer together, watched TV, went out in the garden and sat at the table eating pizza, their favourites, together. It was so cute.

Matthew's Mum collected him around 6:30pm and it was straight up for baths. Rob helped which was so much easier as I could shoot off and feed Oscar once he was fed up.


Oscar was still crying at 8:45pm though and I'm at a loss as to what I could do different/better so that he will go to bed earlier. During the day he goes to sleep on his own, he doesn't need to be cuddled, fed, rocked etc. so it must be something else. Will have to keep working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails