Tuesday 10 May 2011

2 Months Old

I dropped Ellis off at school then went to see Vivien at the barn for Baby Club. The aim is to get Mums together for a chat and to share information etc. The main problem for me is the venue. There isn't really any good parking and inside there is just too much for Leo to destroy!

I went anyway to support Vivien who thought the numbers might be low, which they were. I stayed for as long as I could but had enough of telling Leo to sit down. I fed Oscar, winded him and then left, eventually after doing a 500 point turn in the tiny area for parking.

Leo had a little nap, some food and then we went up to Mum and Dad's for dinner. Since Oscar has been born our normal Thursday night was up in the air and we were just going up when we could really. Rob was working late so it was a good idea to go then.

We sat around, fed, played, snacked, and Ellis took photos.


The weekend was quite busy but I didn't take too many photos. Saturday we went to a house warming party and the boys had loads of fun. I was feeding quite a lot so Rob had to watch them as they ran out in the garden, through the kitchen, through the dining room and back out into the garden. It was a barbecue but it was tipping down with rain!

The boys went to bed quite well, even Oscar was in bed by 8:30pm.

Sunday morning Rob had a lie in and I sat with the boys watching TV.

We went to Ashlee's swimming party at 1pm and it was Oscar's first time swimming and the first time we were all in the pool together. I wasn't too happy about putting a costume on already but I did it.

Oscar seemed to like it and Leo was just as confident as he had always been. Mum took Oscar for us after 20 minutes and then I got out as he needed a feed.

Rob then passed Ellis and Leo to me and I sorted them out and got to the cafe before Rob managed to get himself dressed!

I sat feeding in the cafe and the boys were out in park with Rob keeping a close eye on them.

Back home Rob napped for an hour and I pottered about, putting washing on etc.

Rob bathed the 2 older boys and I actually used soap on Oscar for the first time. I then tried to get Oscar to bed at a sensible time. It didn't work and I just couldn't get him to settle.

Monday morning and Ellis was back at school. I took him in then went back to the car and was starting to put Leo and Oscar back in when I realised a man with 2 dogs was stood right by me talking to me. I could tell he wasn't 100% but I said hi and how are you doing sort of thing and he was very friendly but a bit too familiar really. It freaked me out a bit as I didn't want to not talk to him but I didn't want to seem too friendly either. I didn't want to give any wrong signals. It really got to me actually and I did see him a few times over the next few days and I didn't like it.

Anyway, I had a physio appointment at 10am which I had to rush for but made it with plenty of time to spare. I managed to keep Leo occupied in the buggy and they were both getting a bit annoyed when I was called in.

I told her how the c-section had gone and that the surgeon had stitched my tummy muscles together so I was hoping my diastases was gone. She said she would check.

I got up on the table, led down and then she measured the gap in my tummy muscles which was 1cm! That is amazing! I was really chuffed and she said my muscles feel very strong too. Very happy about that. No follow up appointment was required and she said she would see me when number 4 was on the way!!!!

After picking Ellis up from school we went up Mum and Dad's again for dinner. We did the usual things but I did pop up the post office with just Leo, which was very strange.


The boys love playing on Grandad's iPads and Leo is starting to get quite good now.


I had expressed a bit of milk so that Mum could have a go at giving Oscar a bottle. He needed the practice anyway.



Oscar's 2 month birthday started with him having a lie in.



I then took some 2 month pictures and I've tried to find some of Leo and Ellis but this was the best I could find.

Oscar

Leo


Ellis

Some of the other pictures I took.





I've also decided to try and do monthly pictures of all 3 of the boys together. I'm sure as time goes on it will get harder and harder to take but I love it.














I love the rainbow rug as the background.










Oscar had his 8 week check and jabs in the afternoon. I really hadn't planned it too well and had to take all 3 with me. Big mistake! But sometimes it just has to be done. What a horrid experience! We arrived at the surgery at about 2:50pm and the appointment was at 3:10pm. I found out that the jab appointment after the doctors appointment wasn't until 3:50pm and I asked if they could fit us in sooner as hanging around with 3 kids wasn't going to be easy. They said they would see what they could do after I had seen the doctor.

So we waited, and waited and waited and we weren't called for the doctor. Leo was bored, Ellis was bored, Oscar was stirring for his feed and I was feeling hot and frazzled. 30 minutes late we were called in with Leo screaming, Ellis needing the loo and fed up and Oscar already not happy. I was sweating!

Anyway, Oscar was checked over, weighed and measured. He was 12lbs 7oz and 61cm long which put him on the 91st centile line. She had to double check that I was holding his head in the right place as I don't think she thought he would be that long.

She said he was doing very well, then asked some questions that she was ticking off on a sheet and asked if I was bottle feeding, like she already knew the answer, but I said "no demand breast feeding" thank you very much. And yes I do want credit for it as it's bloody hard work! :o)

Ellis was touching stuff and playing under the table, which he hit his head on, Leo was screaming from the buggy still and Oscar was getting fed up although he did smile at the doctor.

We went back to the waiting room with me carrying Oscar, Leo in the buggy and Ellis running off out the front door thinking we were going.

I checked the clock and it was 3:50pm so knew we wouldn't be long and by the time I had sat down, the screen beeped to call us in.

We went in and I sat with Oscar on my lap and held his leg still. He was already crying before she stabbed him in the thigh so after the first one went in he screamed, turned red and held his breath. It was horrible as I knew there was another one to come. I turned him around and he had the exact same reaction. Poor baba.

I hurried us out the surgery and I had promised the boys I would take them to the park. Poor Oscar was crying and needing a feed but I had promised so we went to the park for a little while. Oscar went back to sleep in the buggy thankfully.

I got home gave the boys dinner, bathed them and then tried to put Oscar down. He wasn't having any of it and his poor leg was so sore. It was red and swollen and so tender. I ended up giving him some Calpol and after about 20 minutes of trying to soothe him, he went to sleep. I managed to see my friends a bit, who were over for a take away night, but I did have to go up a couple of times to see him.

Very hectic day. Lots more of them ahead I'm sure. I just need to stay chilled out about it or it will all get to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails