Thursday 5 May 2011

3 Years 9 Months Old

The day after the show we tried not to do too much as everyone was feeling tired from doing so many day trips recently.


In the afternoon we met up with Sally and Naomi at the soft play which worked out quite well as the kids played and I fed Oscar and chilled out.

I bathed all 3 in the evening which is always tricky and I have no routine yet that works. Oscar was up late but slept quite well.

I had a lot planned for the following day but when I woke up in the morning I just decided that I didn't want to do it all. I had put too much pressure on myself to do lots and I just thought I wasn't going to put myself through it.

I dropped Ellis off at school then chilled at home.


In the afternoon, just before Ellis' school closed I took Oscar in for a visit. We arrived and Ellis had to show the class his brother and to talk about him. It was so cute and you could tell he was really proud. They all sang a lovely song and then it was time to get home to get ready for music class.

Rob came home late then went straight out with some friends.

I did the 8 week post the following day but I also took lots and lots of pictures of Oscar just chilling out.






I tried to get some pictures of Ellis and Leo on their own too as nowadays I seem to get pictures of more than one of them at a time. Ellis was also 3 years and 9 months old.


For these pictures I told him there was a butterfly trapped in my lens and could he see it.



Big boy growing up so fast.



Leo wasn't happy to have a photo session.





Sharon picked Ellis up for his swimming lesson which was great. She really has helped me out in the early weeks as I really didn't want Ellis to miss any lessons but the thought of taking all 3 to the pool on my own was still rather daunting.

At swimming Ellis was asked to wear a floatation device called a shark fin. You can see it here. He refused and got all upset and asked to get out to go to toilet too. Poor Sharon didn't know what to do!

We played play dough and just generally chilled out.






I bathed all 3 boys in the evening which is always hard work but not too bad if Oscar is happy, which he was until story time. He then proceeds to scream the house down while I try to keep a finger in his mouth, turn the pages of a book, read, and keep Ellis and Leo seated and interested in the book. Not the quiet restful time before bed that I want them to have, but it will have to do for now.










Oscar went to bed okay at about 7:30pm but woke at 9pm and was just wide awake for ages!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails