Friday 27 November 2009

Weaning

We had a late start today as Leo slept in with me for a bit and Ellis was really quiet so I didn't get up. This meant that I was running behind all morning and my friend Sandra was coming for a visit.

I legged it around getting the house half tidy and sorting out the boys when Sandra arrived.

It was so good to see her and we had a lovely time catching up. She was 26 weeks pregnant today so we had loads to talk about and I loved being able to talk pregnancy and babies.



I had asked Ellis before Sandra had arrived if he would give her a kiss and a cuddle, he replied, "no, I'm going to be shy".



We went out for lunch and I was a bit worried how the boys would be as I haven't been out for a meal with both of them before but they couldn't have been better. Ellis was an Angel, he just sat in his high chair eating his food and watching what was going on. Leo played in the buggy until he wanted a feed and then fed for ages! He then sat in his buggy giving Sandra lovely smiles.



We had some time to kill before we had to see the health visitor so we took a walk around Sainsbury's, how exciting!

The health visitor was rubbish! I had some questions and she just said ah right and that was it! Bit annoyed but hopefully my normal health visitor will be there next time.

We went home to pick Rob up for Big Stars and Sandra went home. It was strange saying goodbye as next time I see her she will be a Mummy.

Big Stars was fun as always and Ellis seemed really happy running around. He hadn't had a nap all day and I was half expecting him to fall asleep in the car on the way home but he decided to wait until dinner time.



Well weaning has officially begun. Leo had his first go at some baby rice. I think I will make it thicker tomorrow so it doesn't all fall out so easily. With a bit of practice I'll get the right consistency.



As with Ellis, Rob had a go too and I think he does it better than me.



We had to entertain the boys for 15 minutes before bath time so Rob sat and read to them which is always very cute to see.



My evening is being spent blogging, having a shower and going to bed. Hopefully Leo will sleep until after midnight.

This weekend I hope to get most, if not all of my Christmas shopping done and I also need to make a vegetable medley for Leo. I can't believe my baby is growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails