Tuesday 10 November 2009

Own Room

Saturday night, Uncle Dave came over to watch some boxing with Rob. He brought with him some fireworks.

Leo watched them for the first time and didn't care one bit. He didn't jump with the bangs and didn't worry about it at all.


Rob decided to cook a meal that evening and he had it all planned out. He had bought all the ingredients and had the recipe on his iPhone.

I gave him a hand while I waited for my take-away to arrive. We actually made a very good team and worked well together. The end result looked really nice but smelt way too fishy for me.


Encouraged by my cooking efforts, I decided to do some cooking with Ellis. It was only some fairy cakes out of a boxed cake mix but it was a start.

He had loads of fun decorating them and here is the result.





I didn't like the taste of them and Ellis isn't a big cake eater either, but he tried it.


Sunday night, Leo slept in his own room for the first time. He was really good being put in his bed and stirred around 10pm but went back off on his own.

He has a bad tummy at the moment so woke at just gone 1am for a nappy change and quick feed. He fed again at just gone 4am and then woke at 6:20am when I brought him into bed with me to give him another feed. That wasn't too bad a night and the only negative for me is that I get cold and then when I get back in bed, the bed is cold too.

I never thought I would do this, or want/like to do this but my Mum bought a jumper for Leo that I knew I already had for Ellis. I wanted to dress them the same! It's so cute though and I loved it. They don't care.






I wanted to get them matching pyjamas for Christmas and outfits for the day but I think that may be going too far. I might change my mind though ;o)

Yesterday my Mum came over and we took the boys swimming. The pool was empty and bloody freezing! Leo was purple within a few minutes but Ellis didn't seem to care and spent his time going in and out of the pool playing with watering cans. I did a few lengths as advised by my physiotherapist but it wasn't long before we had to get Leo out. He loved it though and if it was warmer I'm sure he would have been happy to stay in for a lot longer.

I got out with Leo and got him all warm and dry and then I was going to get back in with Ellis while Mum got out but Ellis said he wanted to get out anyway so after 40 minutes we were all out again. It was enough though as it was so cold.

It was all very relaxed and after a tea and cake we casually made our way home.

For dinner I fancied lamb and I had recently bought some lamb shanks that can be microwaved in 7 minutes. It was delicious and I want more!


I had to bath both boys as they smelt of chlorine from the pool. It didn't work too well but we made it through in one piece. I would say that bath time is the only thing that doesn't really work well at the moment. It will sort itself I expect.

I have a huge pile of ironing to do and I need to peel and chop up some apples and pears for steaming so I better go and get on with it, after a cup of tea of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails