Wednesday 17 February 2010

Zoo

Woke up feeling exhausted. Ellis was awake by 5am so I brought him in with me but he doesn't sleep, he just fidgets and sings.

Downstairs, Ellis started the morning off being so nice to Leo that I was shocked. He spoke to him nicely, gave him toys, kissed him and was just generally a wicked big brother. I couldn't praise him enough and his reward was cuddles, kisses and Mr Tumble (TV show).

It was tipping down with rain first thing and I really didn't fancy getting ready for the zoo so I didn't. I sent a text to my Mum saying I wasn't going but she said she was because Chloe was so excited. I hadn't told Ellis just in case I changed my mind. It was 9:30am and I was due to leave in an hour. I had to get the 3 of us dressed, do a packed lunch, feed Leo, pack the changing bag and get a bag of spare clothes ready. I have no idea how, but I managed it.

I gave my Mum a one ringer and packed the kids in the car.

We arrived after my Mum as I popped to Sophie's house to pick up some discount vouchers but I don't think it was too long after.

It was still raining and Ellis was asleep in the car. It took me ages to set the buggy up and to get them into it.

We stepped into the zoo all bundled up warm and dry, until an older boy ran into Ellis and sent him flying! He landed flat on his face and was covered in water and mud. He hit his head and was just generally soaked. I had to take his gloves off which was the only spare item I hadn't brought with me. He really did need the gloves as I was to discover later on.

The zoo was very busy and we seemed to arrive with a bunch of people who obviously did the same as us and headed straight for an indoor exhibit. Before we could go in though, Ellis really needed the toilet. I had to hold him up in a bush as I just wouldn't have made it to the toilet in time. It was the longest wee I had ever seen!



We saw a few exhibits before stopping for lunch, around the same time as everyone else. We were really lucky though and Mum managed to grab a really good table. Everyone was really well behaved for lunch and Leo scoffed all of his grub. I did have a moving target though as so much was going on around him, he just kept moving his head to look around.

After a toilet stop the kids had a go on one of the many small rides by the cafe.







It was then time to make our way around the park to see some animals but the kids were more interested in all the muddy puddles!



It rained quite a lot but Ellis was good about wearing his hat and he walked the whole time. The rain didn't bother these guys.



One of the highlights of the day for Chloe was getting her face painted. She chose a giraffe and I think it turned out really well.



Just outside from where her face was painted, there was a little merry-go-round. Ellis wanted to have a go but he picked the most rubbish thing to ride on.



We saw some bird and the kids ran through the butterfly enclosure before we stopped for a while for them to play in the water.







Mum and I were stood in the rain getting quite cold so we thought it would be a good idea to go back to the cafe for a tea and to just generally warm up. I knew Ellis was freezing and his hands were very cold after playing in the water. He complained that they were hurting him. I tried to warm them up for him but I think it hurt too much.



The cafe was busy but not like lunch time so we found a table quite easily. I fed Leo, Ellis had some snacks, Mum had a coffee and Chloe went to sleep in the buggy.

I changed Ellis into all his clean, dry clothes and new trainers and then wrapped him in blankets in the buggy. He was so tired and cold that I think he quite liked the idea, although he didn't want the rain cover on.

We stopped in the shop on the way out and Mum bought a couple of rubber snakes. I had a look around but I didn't see anything worth buying and Ellis wasn't bothered so that saved me a few quid.

We said our goodbyes in the car park and loaded up the cars and left.

Ellis was buzzing most of the way home and was singing and chatting away until we were almost home. He fell sound asleep and I moved him on to the sofa but he didn't wake up.

I struggled to wake him up at 5pm and he then just sat on the sofa until bath time. He did get Leo laughing again which was well cute.



I bathed the boys and Rob arrived home from work just as I was getting them out. He helped to finish off Ellis and put him to bed while I did Leo and had a shower.

Today was really good fun. It was exhausting and hectic too but well worth it. Ellis had an amazing time but I do feel sorry for Leo as he was literally just left in the buggy. I couldn't show him stuff as I couldn't then watch Ellis. It was just too tricky.

I spent my evening blogging and I am now off to bed. Have no idea what we are doing tomorrow but I need to think of something before I go to bed so that I can just get up and go in the morning. I expect we will just go to Sainsbury's and then up Mum and Dad's for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails