Thursday 25 February 2010

Pain in the Finger!

I can't really type properly at the moment so I will keep the writing brief and just post lots of pictures.

I hurt my finger on Sunday afternoon as I was rushing to get ready to meet my Mum and Dad at my favourite Italian restaurant. I managed to have the meal, which was really nice before going to the Chemist for some advice. I was told to keep it elevated and to take Ibuprofen, which I did.

On Monday I dropped Ellis into school. He really didn't want to go and one of the ladies had to take him off of my leg. I wasn't sad as I left as I knew he would fine within 10 minutes.

I went and met up with my yoga friends for the morning and one of them so happens to be a GP. She took one look at my black, immobile finger and told me to get it checked.

So that night my Dad baby sat and my best mate Lucy took me to A & E.

We had a very long wait but had a wicked time chatting, making up stories of why people were there and ear wigging. I had an x-ray and I was then finally told that I had indeed broken my finger and I would need to come back the following morning to see a plastic surgeon.

What a right pain in the finger! Mum and Dad have been wicked though. They picked us all up on Tuesday and took me to the hospital. After a short hike we finally found the right department and I had my finger looked at. Physio, a splint, another x-ray in 2 weeks and a check-up is what is going to happen for now. If the new x-ray shows the bones have moved then I will need a pin put in, but I'm sure it wont come to that. Saying that I thought it would just be a bad sprain!

We have all been taken care of this week which has been greatly appreciated. Loads of people have offered their help and I am very grateful to have all this support.

Ellis has been getting on better with pre-school this week. He has been behaving and doing lots of lovely pictures which we put up in the kitchen. I will put them up in his room once the kitchen is full. I picked up his uniform on Monday so he got to wear it for the first time on Tuesday. Sorry about the pose.



Ellis loves photography and regularly grabs the camera and has a go. Here are some pictures from today.





















I love it when he pretends to do a video. His commentary goes something along the lines of, "this is Leo, he isn't very well today, this is the TV where I watch Peppa Pig, and this is Mummy" etc etc.

Mum dropped Ellis at school this morning and then came back to mine to do the ironing and tidy up for us. Then she picked Ellis up, we shoved some food into the boys and then all went up Nanny and Grandad's house for the afternoon/evening.

We had a lovely time and were totally pampered and taken care of. Thank you xxx

Leo was shattered by the time he had his last feed. I put him on the bean bag and he looked so cosy. When I transferred him into his car seat, he didn't even stir, so cute.



Mum has a day off tomorrow. We are staying in in the morning and then Rob should hopefully be home in time to take us to Big Stars followed by Charley's birthday party. Nothing much planned for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails