Monday 15 February 2010

Airport

This morning was yet another morning when I woke up with Leo pushing me out of bed. He woke at 3:30am and after cuddles, Calpol and controlled crying, he was still going for it an hour later. Rob got fed up enough to try settling himself but in the end Leo slept on me.

Today I took the boys to the airport. We were up quite early and I had them in the car by 8:30am, which was pretty good going.

It took a while to get there, about 45 minutes, and I had to entertain Ellis most of the way. I had taken a box of books and toys and put them between the boys which ended up being a good idea stolen from Charlotte.

Rob had worked out a really good place to go to see the planes quite close up. I found it straight away and it was brilliant. We were right by the runway, but we couldn't have picked a worse day to go plane spotting as it was drizzly and overcast.



We watched a few planes and then I really needed the toilet so we had to make a mad dash to the airport. I had planned to go there anyway so it worked out quite well really.

I parked up in the short stay car park and ran to the airport with the kids in the buggy. I had a right fiasco in the toilets! I couldn't fit the buggy into the cubicle so I had to leave the boys outside. While I was using the loo, Ellis escaped from the buggy and I could see his feet in the cubicle next to me! I tried to get him to talk to me but he wouldn't. I tried to hurry as best I could but Leo was screaming and I could no longer see or hear Ellis. Panic set in and eventually I opened the door to see Ellis over the other side of the room and Leo still crying, surrounded by nattering women, in the buggy. I grabbed Ellis and had to get him on the loo before strapping him back in the buggy. I was then harassed by a lady trying to get in the cubicle behind me but I snapped at her that I was trying to use it! She then said that she had a coach to catch and I told her she should have left more time to use the loo then! I was feeling very harassed to say the least.

We managed to get out in one piece and had a lovely walk up and down the airport where I pointed out several things to Ellis that are in his airport book. He seemed to be really enjoying himself.

Back in the car park, Ellis put the coins in the machine to pay for the parking, £2.50, and I packed them back into the car and went straight back to our viewing point.

We just missed the large Continental Airways plane as we arrived but we hung around for a bit to watch a couple more before going to my Mum and Dad's for lunch.



I think Mum and Dad were rather surprised by our visit but they very kindly looked after us well. Mum made us lunch and Dad played and took care of the boys. We had a really short but sweet visit.

Back at home I put Ellis in bed and played with Leo for a while before he went to bed too. He didn't sleep for long but Ellis slept for ages. At 4pm (he went to bed at 1:30pm) I asked Rob to go and get him.

I had quite a lazy afternoon which was nice. I'm totally shattered again, which is good I suppose as we had a fun filled morning and quite a busy night last night. I so hope Leo sleeps through tonight.

Nothing planned for tomorrow morning yet. I have a doctors appointment and Mummy afternoon as normal which should be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails