Saturday 7 July 2012

Oscar Ouch!

After a rough night with the boys, I got up early to a video on my phone from Rob, smiling away in the mirror of his hotel as he showed me around his room!  The cheek of it!

For swimming this week, I took Leo and Oscar into the pool first, before Leo's lesson.  Oscar wasn't sure to start with but was soon loving it!  I took Leo's arm bands off and he fell under twice, but popped up and was fine.  I made fun by asking him how many fish he had seen, and he played along.

Oscar always, always does a poo when I take him swimming! It's horrible!  I had to get out with a wet, cold Leo, clean him up, and the cubicle as it fell on the floor, and then got back in the pool.  It was tough going but luckily Oscar didn't cry once and Leo was very helpful and did as he was told for a change.

Leo then started getting cold in the pool too and I was bit worried about him with his lesson (which he didn't want to do) but new he would be moving more and I'm sure he would be fine.  I asked Nicky, his teacher, to keep an eye on him and if he went bluer to call me to get him out.

He did really well though and even put his face in a couple of times.

In the morning, Ellis had mentioned about Nanny Rennolds picking him up from school, I called her and she came over as a surprise, and picked him up, which I think he loved.

Mum did the usual helping me out with the household chores and getting dinner in the boys before going home.

Just before I had to leave to take Ellis to his football practice, I went into the garden and found this!







After a quick change we managed to get to football just after it had started.  Ellis loves going but struggles to hear what's being asked of him and I don't think he fully understands the game yet.  I don't know if I've mentioned this yet but I'll say it again just in case, but Ellis recently had a hearing test as school and he had a unsatisfactory result.  This only means he will have to have another test in 6 weeks and apparently it is very common for them to fail their first test.  He does say pardon a lot but I haven't really noticed any problems as such.

Entertaining the younger 2 at football, whilst trying to watch Ellis a bit is near on impossible.  It's unsafe for one as Leo climbs up to look over the balcony, Oscar can run towards an open stair case and could potentially slip through a fence on the balcony, down to the courts below.  Not relaxing, fun or nice.

We get home just after bath time should start but Ellis is always sweaty and Leo and Oscar both smelled of chlorine from the pool so I gave them all a good scrub and got them into bed as quickly as I could.

I had a lovely shower and changed my bedding and was looking forward to going to bed.

Oscar wasn't very happy at bath time, and shortly after putting him in bed he was screaming.  It wasn't his usual upset cry, it was a cry of "I'm in pain!".  I was quite worried as it's unusual for him so after giving him the once over I realised that he had a very sensitive back.  I phoned the out of hours doctor and they called me back very quickly.  We discussed his symptoms and I was told to give him a high dose of pain killers and if it didn't improve within an hour, I was to take him to A&E!  What! I'm on my own, with a screaming baby, clearly in pain, and I'm told that I might have to rush him to hospital!  I called my parents of course and put them on alert for coming over, which obviously they were more than ready to do, but after waiting an hour, calling the doctors back and seeing how Oscar was, it was decided to let him get some rest and to see how he was the next day.

I'd kept the poor thing up until 10:30pm so that I could keep an eye on him so he was shattered! I quickly followed him to bed as I was shattered too.

I tried closing my PC down, only to see this! I don't think that's a good thing.


Look who slept in until nearly 7:30am!


Ellis woke up in a foul mood but Leo on the other hand was amazing and won some chocolate stars for being so quiet and not waking Oscar up.

Oscar still wasn't right, so I gave him some more medicine and planned a quiet day at home with him.

I took the boys to school, came home and gave Oscar some milk with some cuddles and put him down for a nap.

I did some pottering and then noticed that my PC was still unhappy about something.


I don't know what I would do without my PC.  I love using it and it has everything on it that I need so setting up again on something else would be a time consuming, annoying, pain in the arse!

I took care of the boys in the afternoon and we tried to chill out as much as possible.  I got them to bed and tried to relax.  Rob came home late as he went out for a meal and drinks with some friends as they had had a very busy week at work and wanted to celebrate the completion of the hard bits.

On the Saturday we had planned to go to a community festival and Ellis was going to dance and stuff but it was cancelled due to the amount of rain we had been receiving.  It was such a shame as I was really looking forward to it.

The weather on the actual day wasn't too bad but the pitches where everyone would put their stalls was flooded.

In the afternoon Rob took the older boys to Faith's swimming party.  It was the first time Rob had taken them swimming on his own and I pretty much made him go.  I put Oscar down for a nap and he said that I could now go, but I said NO!  It was lush for the boys and lush for me.





Rob sent me a picture of the boys having their party lunch bags, and I sent one of Oscar having some milk.



Oscar wasn't right all day, and I kept him topped up with medicine.  This didn't help him sleep though and he was up with me until 9pm.






Going to the airshow tomorrow, and leaving Oscar with Mum and Dad for the first time.  Excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails