Wednesday 4 July 2012

Harry

What a night! I hardly slept as a drunken couple were having a fight right outside my window, and the windows in this house aren't the best anyway.  They were really going for it and I had to watch to make sure the women was okay as it was getting a bit physical at times.  They moved on eventually.


The kids had me up early for a change and we messed about first thing before I took Ellis to his tennis lesson and popped in to see Sophie while he played.





It was a birthday party day, and for a change, it was for a friend of Leo's.  Rob was supposed to be home in time to take Leo but got stuck on the motorway on his way home so I ended up having to take all 3 with me.

Rob arrived 10 minutes after I got to the party and we all had a lovely time.















My back has been playing up a lot recently and today it was really bad so Rob had to help me out a lot.   I said I would take Ellis to the next birthday party as at least I could just sit still and watch rather than taking care of Oscar and Leo.  He wasn't happy about this to start with but when I told him it was a fancy dress party, he quickly changed his mind for some reason.









Once home I took Leo and Oscar out in the car to Ali's house.  She had kindly agreed to lend us all of her camping gear for our upcoming trip to Camp Bestival.

Rob helped me to bath the boys as my back was not good.



The weather on Monday was really bad again and it rained all day, which meant that Ellis missed out on having a proper teddy bear picnic at school.  I think he ended up having it in the hall.

Mum came over like she always does, did my ironing, which is so helpful and looked after Leo for me so that I could go to Sing and Sign with Oscar.

She also ended up staying later as she agreed to go to Ellis' school for Grandparent Day.  She said she got lovely reports from the teachers about Ellis, was shown around his classroom, had a cup of tea and biscuits, and got to see his learning diary.  I think she enjoyed it in the end as she was feeling a little nervous to start with.  Ellis didn't want her to leave at the end so Mrs Warren had to take him off Mum's leg back into the classroom.  I'm sure he was fine 2 minutes later.

I'm not sure if Ellis wasn't feeling well or was just very tired, but I let him go to sleep in our bed first before later transferring him into his own bed as he was very teary at bedtime and they love the novelty of going in our bed.

At Leo's gym class this week, Oscar went through the tunnel, all by himself for the first time!  I know I'm a bit too excited about that but it takes my babies ages to do that tunnel.

Leo had fun too and was in a good mood so we all had a nice time.

As the weather was still horrid, we spent a lot time playing board games and painting, which is Leo's new favourite hobby.





Along with my back ache, I ended up with a lovely headache too.  I'm pretty sure it's tension as it goes up my back, into my shoulder blade, up my neck and into the lower part of my head.  It's not very nice and I just hope it goes soon.

We went up to Mum's in the afternoon where we had spaghetti bolognese.  It's one of my favourite meals and we do eat it quite a lot.  Ellis loves it too but Leo won't touch it and Oscar doesn't like the onions.  Hopefully one day they will love it too.

The boys were all really well behaved and ate well.  Leo did moan about feeling sick at one point and when I cuddled him I realised he had a slight temperature.  I gave him some medicine and on the way home he moaned the whole way about feeling sick but thankfully wasn't sick in the car this time!

By the time I had got everyone in bed it was just gone 8pm.

I had a shower, pottered about and got to bed early, on my own as Rob was working late.

As I was saying before about the boys loving the novelty of being in our bed, Leo ended up in there yet again last night.  I don't think it's a novelty for him anymore as he always seems to end up in with us at some point. I think if he had his own room it would be easier to keep him in his bed but I don't want him waking Ellis up with his squealing!


After picking Leo up from preschool, Nic brought Harry over for me to look after him for a bit as Ella was going to a story time at her new school.  Harry is so cute!

We went for a walk to the shops to use up some time before picking Ellis up.  All the boys played in the playground for a while and Harry hurt his arm!  It had to happen when I was watching him!  I couldn't believe it.  He didn't cry or anything though, he didn't even know he had done it, I just saw the blood.  He was very brave.








Nic came in and stayed for a while as she didn't have to pick Ella up until 5pm from the nursery around the corner from our house.


It was a bit chaotic after then as I was trying to cook dinner, make sure the boys were safe and show someone the double buggy I am trying to sell.  They couldn't fit it into their boot so they didn't take it.

Leo was screaming the place down at 5pm saying he was so tired, so I just put him to bed.  I knew it was a bad idea but he couldn't stay awake.


Dinner ended up being late so I didn't do bath time and just got them to bed on time.

Leo woke up at 8pm and then didn't go back to sleep until 1:30am!  It wasn't good.  He came downstairs twice for food and kept going to the toilet.  Oscar even woke up again too so I gave him some more milk and he settled again.

Because Leo was being a pain, Ellis stayed in my bed again and when Rob text me (at 1:30am) to say he was staying in a hotel that night, I left Ellis there.

It had been a very long, hard day and I was exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails