Wednesday 18 July 2012

Another Year Older

Ellis had fancy dress on the Monday, for French day.  I had bought him a striped blue and white t-shirt and tied a red tie around his neck and drew on a mustache with some eye liner pencil.  He looked brilliant! I unfortunately forgot to take a picture.

We also started giving out the presents to the teachers this week, and I had bought an individual present as well as being part of the collection.  Ellis took the gift in and then 5 minutes later his teacher came out to say thank you and gave me a hug.  Ah bless.

Rob was home today doing a training course so I had to keep the boys quiet downstairs which wasn't too difficult and we just vegged out in the living room.

Thankfully Rob took Ellis to his swimming lesson and I got the other 2 fed and in their pyjamas.

I went out that evening with my yoga lot.  Saskia drove, so I was able to have a drink or two, or three.  I actually had quite a bit for a week night, but I had loads of fun.  Sadly, Vivien couldn't join us so we sent her a sad picture.



It's always a late night when I go out with my yoga lot, but it's always a really fun night too.  I love them tons and I'm so lucky to have them as my friends.

My boys messing around and making me laugh.  They are ace!






Ellis was so tired this morning but he still had to go to school.  Now that he is 5 he has to go by law.  At least last year when he was tired he could come home early or just have the day off which really helped him and me as usually when he is tired he is quite irritable, like me.

My night out with my yoga lot was at an Italian restaurant in town and they had a little shop attached which sold some lovely cakes, and I brought back this huge raspberry meringue which I pretty much finished off during the day.


I blew up Leo's ready bed as we are going to do a practice night in the tent and I wanted him to know that, that would be his bed.  He was really excited and loved it, which surprised me.


We got Ellis from school and went straight up Mum and Dad's for dinner.  It was lamb, and it was delicious.  Lamb is my favourite meat to eat I think.

Ellis was quite naughty, probably from being so tired, and he didn't eat very much either so that wouldn't have helped.

The boys were out in the garden for a bit, just running around.  Oscar was really running!  He's getting faster and faster.  I suppose he has to, to keep up with his brothers.

Back at home I got the boys to write in Rob's birthday cards before I promptly put them to bed.  Oscar was not happy about going to bed but he soon settled, shortly followed by the other two.

Rob's 36th birthday!

We gave Rob his birthday cards and presents in bed and the boys sat and watched.

Leo was at school today and I've been trying to keep him going all day rather than him having a late nap, but unfortunately it didn't happen today.




Oscar and I sat and did a few books and watched some TV before picking Ellis up from school.  That seems to be what life is about now.  Dropping off and picking up from school or clubs.  I suppose that isn't going to change for many years and I'm happy for it not to as I don't want anyone growing up too quickly.




Today was Ellis' last day in Foundation.  I was really, really sad and cried my eyes out! I know year 1 is going to be so different and I love Ellis' teachers so I was upset that he was moving on.  It seems to have gone too quickly and I feel that he was only just settling in.

I'm looking forward to the summer holidays with my boys and also a bit worried about making sure I do loads with them.  Mum is really struggling with her hip at the moment so I'm not sure how much she will be able to do.  We usually go out one day a week somewhere nice, like the zoo or something but pretty sure she won't be up for that.

Before dinner the boys and I got Rob's cake ready and called him down to sing to him.  I think it was pretty much just me singing but it was nice to do for him.


Another year older.  They tick by so quickly and I find myself noticing my youth has gone/going?  I certainly don't feel young physically.  The babies have really done me in physically but mentally I still feel 23. :o)  Looking forward to going out a bit more and getting my dancing shoes on while I still can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails