Sunday 8 July 2012

Airshow 2012

Sunday was the day of the air show! The boys, and mainly me were so excited!

I got up early, gave Oscar his breakfast and took him to Mum and Dad's as they were going to look after him for the day as I didn't think the air show was a good place for him.

I stayed for a little bit, gave him big kisses and cuddles.  Leaving him was hard but I knew I was going to have a fab day with the rest of my family.

While we were driving to the show, Mum sent me a couple of pictures, and I told her I wanted regular updates.



We arrived at the show, with only a small wait in the queues.  We were originally told to park in a field and not on the hard standing as we drive a 4x4.  This would have been okay for us, although pushing the buggy through the boggy field would have been horrid, plus the boys would of had to have been carried as it was that muddy.  But we had Uncle Dave, Nanny and Grandad George in the BMW following us and they were way too low for the field parking.  That worked out great for us as we got to go to the hard standing which was perfect, and closer to the show.

We really struggled to get out of the field though.  Not because of the mud, but because the man at the gate was saying we couldn't park on the hard standing.  He really didn't want to open the gate to let us out but we stood our ground, nudged forward with our 4x4 and he soon opened up.

We parked up, had a toilet break and then went into the show grounds.  I won't go into all the details about what we did but we all had an excellent time.  The boys loved it!  We took tons of photos and videos and I'm just going to post them all now.  I've tried really hard to work out what is what but I'm pretty sure I didn't get it all right.





Breitling Jet Team









The Vulcan.











Black Eagles - South Koreans, who were amazing!















Lunch!






The Red Arrows landing.





Bell Boeing Osprey



Chilling.




Jumping.






DHL 767



Queuing.



Watched a fighter jet while queuing.  Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet










A400M












This Chinook did wicked stunts!




The Red Arrows!














































Old Cars




Long walk to see the Vulcan - lots to see on the way.



RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight


Love these pics!







Vulcan on the ground.  You had to book a tour to go up close and we didn't have time.








USAF C-5B Galaxy





I think this was RAF Typhoon.


One last look inside an aircraft before going home.  What a brilliant day and we all can't wait until next year!










Setting off in pyjamas.


Watching a film on the way home.




We got home quite late and put the boys to bed.  Not long after, my Dad arrived with Oscar and ran to the car to see him and he was asleep! I missed him so much but I know he had fun, and so did we.

I transferred him to bed, he only stirred and then cuddled into rabbit and went back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails