Sunday 10 June 2012

Vintage Collectibles!

I actually got up feeling fine the next day and helped out with breakfast before going to bed for a little nap.  I ended up chatting to Lucy for ages on the phone too which was nice.

I got up and messed about with the boys for a bit and then got them clearing up with a reward of £1 towards their money boxes.  You should have seen how quickly the toys got put away! I won't be doing that often though as it would soon end up costing me £3 a time, when I can do it myself  for free.

As it was a bank holiday Monday, Rob was home, so after lunch we went on a bike ride to a local village that was holding a little fete on their common.   The bike ride was quite short but nice and the kids always love going on the bikes.  I have Oscar in the trolley, Leo in the seat behind me and then Rob tows Ellis along on a bike.  It works well but it's hard work.

We took some games and met up with Wayne, Nic, Ella, Harry, Brandon and Lauren and everyone had fun either chilling out or running around.




We hadn't brought enough food with us and the stalls were limited so the boys were moaning about grub.  Leo was a little bit clingy and after 2 seconds sat in the trolley, he went to sleep.


We left just after this and got home quite quickly.  When we got back I felt Leo and he was baking! I thought he was just wrapped up too warm but when I took his temperature, it was sky high!  I dosed him with medicine, gave him a cool bath and put him to bed.

The rest of us relaxed downstairs and I got some video of Oscar walking and crawling as he soon won't be crawling and you quickly forget what it was like.




Ellis stayed up a little bit later so that he could watch some of the Queen's Jubilee Concert which was actually quite good.  Some of the singing was a bit iffy but I love Ralf Harris!  We are going to Camp Bestival in July and he will be there!



I had a very late night again, about 1am!  Eeek!

Poor Leo was really poorly the next day.  I set him up in my bed with the iPad, rabbit, a drink and plenty of snacks.


He just spent the day flopping about the place and snoozing on and off.  I did have a sneaky snooze with him.  I was so tired from my late night, plus being up with him in the night that I just had to.  We slept from 9 until just gone 11am. Lush!

Rob was home again so he took Ellis swimming and then they both went to see Nanny and Grandad George, followed by dinner at the Beefeater!  They had a brilliant time and Ellis loved it!


Oscar and I messed about at home with a poorly Leo quietly flopping around the place.


That evening I went out for a meal with my best friend Lucy.  She picked me up and we went to a Harvester restaurant that we used to go to quite a bit when we were kids.

The food was scrummy! We started off with the salad cart and I couldn't fit enough in my bowl!


Then for main I had ribs off the bone and I was pleasantly surprised.  I had chunky chips with BBQ sauce and some corn on the cob, followed by a banoffee sundae!  I can't wait to go there again and hopefully have the same meal, it was delicious.


Lucy had pretty much the same as me but she had pie and custard for dessert.  Normally you get a drizzle of custard but she had a huge bowl full, yummy!


We had a lovely time catching up too and I think we might be heading back to the same restaurant, next time we go out ;o)

Leo made a miracle recovery on the Wednesday which was ace.  I took the troops to Mum's house to get our hair done and Oscar had a nap there that went on for ages and ages, which I should have realised was a sign that he wasn't quite right.


We stayed for lunch and left shortly after which was when Oscar started to show signs of coming down with something.  He was just a bit too fussy and clingy.

We spent the rest of the afternoon just chilling at home, keeping my fingers crossed that everyone would be well for our upcoming holiday.

Sure as can be, Oscar was poorly the next day, which meant I had to give lots of cuddles. Oh, what a shame!


As it's half term Ellis went out to a tennis fun day, but it tipped down with rain all day so I'm pretty sure he spent most of the time playing tennis on the Wii.  He had fun though which is the main thing as staying at home would have been pretty boring for him.

When the boys napped I cleaned the whole house.  I got loads done and even when Mum came over for a visit, I just carried on.  It was good timing actually as she cuddled Oscar and entertained Leo so that I could finish off.

She also stayed so that I could pick Ellis up without having to take poorly baba in the car.

When I got there Ellis was soaked and snotty but he was happy and had had lots of fun.  Apparently he watched 2 films, Shrek and The Frog Princess and of course played on the Wii.

After putting the boys to bed I went up my Mum and Dad's to give my Dad a hand with clearing out his loft. He is a bit of a hoarder really and usually struggles to get rid of anything but he did good and we manged to shift tons.  I was really surprised actually and felt that we achieved quite a lot, in a short space of time.  I was a bit sad to discover though that Mum had charity shopped 2 sets of Story Teller magazines and tapes in their original binders and cassette boxes.  I got home and looked on Amazon/eBay, only to find out that they are vintage collectibles worth a rough total of about £700! Arse!

I had loads of fun in the loft though, finding things from my childhood and laughing at stuff that had been kept for eons.   I did end up taking home a car full though.  I took stuff to get rid of for them and I advertised some of the bigger stuff for collection, and it all went.  Obviously Dad quickly filled the space again with other important stuff ;o)  I'm sure there is a method to his madness, hopefully.

I got home very late and after a shower got in bed at 1:30am.

Poor baba Oscar had me up for hours, literally.  He was so sad and nothing I did soothed him.  It was so unlike him and I was clueless as to what to do.  He eventually fell asleep on me in a very funny position but kept waking up, flopping around for a bit, crying then drifting off again.

Rob ended up going in with the other 2 at 6:30am and managed to keep them there for another hour, made easier by the fact that Ellis was now ill!

Oscar was still poorly, crying a lot which worried me so I made a doctors appointment for that morning and because Ellis was now ill I asked Dad to come over and watch him so that I could go on my own.  I gave Ellis some medicine and he perked up a lot so I ended up canceling Dad and decided to go it alone with all 3.  Bit of a mistake in the end but not really worth my Dad driving over to mine for 20 minutes.

The doctor said the usual, virus, come back if not gone in 10 days.  Don't know why I bother really as I should know all this stuff by now.

Oscar was very clingy all day, with tons of dribble, not eating and not really napping, so I didn't get much respite from him.  Add Leo to that and my day was quite horrible.  He was fighting, throwing, not doing what he was told etc.  I think he was just bored but I did blow up a great big green frog thing, which was new to them so thought that would keep them busy for a little bit.  It didn't help that I had next to no sleep the night before so I was quite grouchy too.


Ellis took himself to bed at 6 and was asleep by 6:30, Leo was shattered so he went to bed fine but Oscar was not happy about it.  Oh no, another night of not much sleep!?

I went to bed at 8pm, with my laptop where I watched a documentary with Gary Barlow organising the Queen's Jubilee charity song.  It was really interesting and I enjoyed it.  I went to sleep straight after.

Saturday morning we didn't take Ellis swimming as he was wiped out but his temperature had gone and he was happy enough.

Oscar's illness continued and he now had a rash on this face, hands, up his arms and legs.  Poor thing.

Our holiday starts on Monday and I have a lot to pack, so Rob took Ellis to a party for me and I did my best to get some stuff together.

We relaxed together in the afternoon, messing around with a basket and the green frog which made Leo's hair stick up.



Leo tried on some goggles, he looked so funny and cute.


Sunday was spent with Rob occupying the children so that I could pack.  I got a lot done but there is always stuff you can't pack until the morning you leave, like their rabbits, so a good list is essential.

Food!

That's just the kids clothes!

Such a long entry I know but I wanted to get right up to the start of our holiday, which I have, hurrah!

I also just want to post the pictures of our birthday cards too but haven't found a slot before to do it, so I'm just going to chuck them here.

Leo's

Mine
Be back soon with holiday entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails