Sunday 3 June 2012

Magic Mike

Friday the 1st of June was an inset day for Ellis so after our morning snack time I got them all ready and took them out to the park.


I took the big camera with me (Nikon D80) as I can usually get some nice pictures.



















We had Ellis' swimming lesson and then I got the boys in bed and waited for Rob to get home so that I could go out to the pub with some Mums from Ellis' class.  A lot actually ended up coming and I suggested a contact sheet so that we could all stay in touch over holidays etc.  Everyone there agreed so I sorted it out then proceeded to get quite merry.

I stumbled in very late and went straight to bed.

Obviously Rob did the early shift but I got up at 9:30am anyway and he went back to bed until Ellis' swimming lesson, which he took him to.

Once they were home, we had lunch then went on our bikes to a local park where a small fair was taking place.  There was lots to see and do and we had a nice afternoon out.







Leo normally loves these slides but for some reason, he got to the top and stopped.  Ellis coaxed him down and he was fine.



 We cycled home for some dinner and the boys showed me how strong they are. It was so funny!





My PC broke in the evening so I was left with not a lot to do.  I got my laptop out instead though and started sorting out the contact sheet for the Mums.  It took me a lot longer than expected.

On the Sunday I was going out in the evening with Sophie and Kathy for some birthday drinks.  They always go out super glam so I wanted to get myself a dress.  Rob stayed home with the boys and I went out shopping.  I had so much fun, which is unusual for me when clothes shopping.  It was great to be on my own though as I didn't have to rush around.  I grabbed a wad of clothes and went to try them on.

Bought this one then took it back.

Really wanted this one but had already picked to buy the one above so put it back.

Liked this one but again chose the top one instead over this.

Bought this one and wore it out.

Bought this one too.

NO!

Nope, not quite right.

I got home in time for lunch and then took Ellis to Sam's magic birthday party which was excellent.  They had a magician called Magic Mike and he was brilliant and the kids were just mesmerised!








Back home Ellis was tired out but Oscar was showing us his new walking skills.  It's amazing how quickly they get they hang of it.


Rob volunteered himself for face painting duty again, and this is what they did this time.


I had time to get ready for my night out but I did drive as I had a lot to drink Friday night so thought it was best not to.  This did mean though that I was home and in bed by 11:30pm with a lovely foot rub from Rob.  I really miss them as I would always get them when heavily pregnant.


My night out went well though.  The girls were impressed by my dress and my make-up, which I had done myself with their birthday present to me.  Sophie had bought me a birthday balloon and badge which said 40th on it! It was hilarious though as I had so many people say that I didn't look my age, thank God.  It was quite amusing.



Kathy went home early as her feet were hurting her and I stood out in the rain with her waiting for a taxi.  After that I didn't stay much longer.

Hope to get more foot rubs soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails