Thursday 21 June 2012

Leo's Swimming Lesson

I had such a fantastic day with Leo today.  It started brilliantly with both Leo and Ellis coming in to me quietly at 6:58am.  I had told them to wait for the sun on their clock but I was okay with 2 minutes before 7 and not 5:57 like a couple of mornings ago!

We went downstairs and chilled out for a bit which was nice, then I did breakfast and got Oscar down who had stayed in bed a while longer.  He isn't right at the moment, has a bit of a cold, is a bit clingy and teary but still lush.

Breakfast is usually hell and can take Leo up to 1 1/2 hours to eat his food, with lots of screaming, shouting and tears.  This morning though he gobbled it all up without stopping, didn't make a mess, put his empty bowl in the sink and went off back to the living room to watch some telly!  I couldn't believe it and praised him loads.

Rob took Ellis to school and Oscar was a bit whingey so I put him to bed and immediately sat down with Leo to do some art work.  I usually put him off and put him off, make a cuppa, put some washing on etc, by which time I might put Leo down for a nap or Oscar wakes up and I end up not doing anything with him after all.  We had such a lovely time too.  We did cutting and sticking, we did drawing and writing and we used stickers and glitter glue to make two lovely pictures, which I then let him help me to stick up on the wall.  He loved it and so did I.  We had a lovely chat at the same time too and the whole thing made me happy.


After that I sat and watched him for a bit on his trampoline and then I got my camera out to take some pictures of him bouncing.






I messed around for a bit taking more pictures before going inside to actually do some work.


Their potions!

Close up potions.


Love this!







Leo followed me in shortly after and rather than telling him to stay downstairs I got him to come upstairs to help me.  He loved that too.  I would hand him a piece of clothing, he would tell me who it belonged to and would then put it in the appropriate pile.  It took a lot longer to do, but it was done and I hadn't had to tell him to be quiet, to stay downstairs etc etc and we were both a lot less stressed.

We took some time out to lie on Ellis' bed and played with a stacking Makka Pakka, which was good fun and very calm.

He was asking for food, which he is doing a lot of recently, so I made him an early lunch, had a chat with my Mum on the phone, while hanging out yet more bloody washing.

To my surprise, my Mum came over to come with me and the boys to Leo's first ever swimming lesson.  We packed up the car and left.

When we arrived I had a sudden feeling that I hadn't paid for the lessons!  But I thought some more and remembered phoning them to pay for it weeks ago.  I had such confused memories about the whole thing but the lady at the desk said I hadn't paid and that Leo wasn't on the list! What was I going to do!?  Leo was so excited about going and had been talking about it for days!  Luckily there was a space in the class after which we took and she said to get back in touch once I'd checked my bank statements. (I hadn't paid for them, I had paid for a birthday party for a similar amount and Ellis' lessons, not Leo's).

As we had a bit of time to kill we went to the cafe for a cuppa, and I tried to feed the boys who weren't that interested really.  Leo was a little bit confused about why we weren't going straight to the pool but he took it in his stride.

I took him to get changed and he was really excited.  I had mixed emotions really.  I still see him as quite a baby and it only feels like yesterday that Ellis was there doing his preschooler swimming lessons. I just can't get over how quickly it all passes.  I know I keep saying it.

He stood by the side of the pool ready to go, when the gate opened he looked at me and said "do I go in?" Bless him! His name was eventually called and he didn't really know what to do but eventually found a spot to sit down on the side.  Then he got in, correctly, and played all the splashy games with no fuss.  It was so lush to watch but I couldn't believe my baby was in there!

Oscar was a bit of a fidget and filled his nappy so luckily Mum took him off to clean him up and I was left to watch my baby doing so well. He was cheating most of the time, walking around rather than trying to swim, but he had fun which is the main thing for now.

He jumped in twice before getting out and he did brilliantly.  He was just as excited getting out as he was getting in!  Mum and I dried his hair then decided we had time to go to Ikea to pick up a few bits.

We got their quite quickly and it was tipping with rain so luckily the parent parking is under a shelter.  Leo obviously fell asleep within seconds of getting in the car so I transferred him to the buggy and he remained zonked.

We had a lovely time picking up a few things and looking around.  I bought some brightly coloured frames to put the boys pictures in for their room, some over the door hooks, a new mat for the front door and some mixing bowls.  Oscar also stole a cat bottom hook. Oops.

We managed to get a quick drink in too, which was relaxing, until we realised that time had ticked by and we needed to get back to pick Ellis up from school.  We made it with time to spare.

It was still raining so Mum stayed over and I went to grab Ellis on my own which is always nice.  We got back and Mum and I did the crossword and the kids just messed around.

Bog standard afternoon at home really.  Kids playing, watching telly, eating food, fighting etc.  Ellis' football was cancelled yet again but he did get to try his new kit on.



Chuffed or what!?

Recently Ellis hasn't been letting me take his picture anymore, which I understand but I said to him that when we look back at pictures on the computer together (which we often do) he won't be in any.  So since then he has started to take a few.

I have a picture of me with the exact pout! I'll try and find it.

 

I bathed the boys and got the older 2 in bed before 7, but Oscar stayed up watching In The Night Garden, drinking his milk and I didn't realise the time had gone by.  He was tucked up in bed by 7:30pm and I spent my evening sorting, tidying, getting rid of things on netmums, chatting to Lucy on Skype and doing my blog entry.  Today was a good day.

I forgot to post my 15 month diary video of Oscar, so here it is.  I love the singing at the end.  He's lush.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails