Wednesday 9 March 2011

Nil By Mouth

So I went to see the midwife and I asked her loads of questions. Ellis tried to keep Leo quiet for me while I talked but it was quite difficult as he was trying to scream the place down.

We talked a lot about the different options and basically it just came down to the fact that a footling breech vaginal delivery is do able but it has lots of risks especially as the cord was around the baby's neck which was an added complication before even getting started.

I came away confused but pretty much decided that I would be going into hospital on the 10th to have my baby. I felt very sad and happy. I had such mixed emotions about the whole thing.

Wednesday 2nd March was a normal day. I took Leo to his music class in the morning but he really wasn't that happy about it as he was still feeling poorly and he fell asleep on the way home.


My Mum came over in the afternoon and picked Ellis up from school and took him to his music class and we then did some shopping.

The evening was spent getting the bags ready and by the door and writing lists of notes for my Mum and Rob. I showed them where all the boys clothes were stored and where my things were if I needed anything extra.

I was feeling rather nervous. Of course I was excited that I was going to see my baby but I was going to have my gut sliced open for that which is what I wasn't looking forward to.

I ate loads just before 10pm as I had to take my first anti acid tablet and then I wasn't allowed anything else until after the surgery. I was pretty sure I would be having the surgery as Nugget hadn't moved at all.

I went to bed quite late in the end and I set my alarm for 6am which is when I had to take the next tablet.

Birth story will follow once I've typed it up on my pregnancy blog. Sorry the post is so vague but I'm struggling to remember what it was like as I'm writing this on the 27th March! It's a shame as I've missed writing down what was really going on just before baba arrived. Ah well, only so much I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails