Monday 14 March 2011

Day 5

12:05am Day 5 Baba was sleeping. It didn't last long and he was soon constantly feeding and not settling.





He eventually slept from 4am - 6am when the checks were done by Sarah. I fed him again and she wrapped him up and he slept then until 9am.




We snoozed and fed and just generally relaxed during the morning while organising Rob on the phone to pick us up with all the right stuff.

I did a little video of us chilling out saying that he was definitely the last baby and that I should be reminded that I said that!


I had lunch around 1pm followed by our observations done by another midwife called Kate who was just as nice. She went through all the discharge questions etc and gave me all the right leaflets and things. It didn't take too long.

I did another video diary.



I spent the first part of the afternoon sorting and packing all my stuff out and just waiting for Rob to come in and pick us up.




Afternoon video diary, 3:15pm.





Rob arrived and I quickly had a shower before getting Nugget ready to go home.


I had gone on for ages about a going home outfit and I did take one in with me but when it came to it, I just couldn't be bothered and plus I preferred for him to just be in all white.


When we left hospital with Ellis and Leo we took quite a few pictures of the 2 of us holding our baby before putting him in the car seat. This time Rob took 3 of me and then just said that he wanted to go. Fair enough but it would have been nice to have had one of him with Baba.


We put him in the car seat, and he was sick! Ellis was sick for the first time when we left the hospital. I even took a picture of it!

Rob was parked quite close to the exit which was good as walking was still quite hard work. I put Baba down while Rob was messing around trying to lower the suspension on the car to make it easier for me to climb in. I wanted to sit in the back with Baba for his first ride home as I had done with the other 2.


Baba was awake for the entire journey home. We stopped at McDonalds on the way and he started crying and didn't stop until we pretty much pulled into the drive.



When we arrived I wanted to video the boys reaction which I tried to do but it was all very tricky. I love it though.


Rob unloaded the car and Nanny took pictures while I showed the boys their baby brother in their home. Leo was funny. He got really excited and licked Baba's head then started licking everyone else! Very strange, he has never done it before or since.






I then asked Nanny to try and get a family picture. It was quite difficult because the TV was on and Ellis wouldn't pay attention to what was going on. We took a few, with 2 different cameras and this was the best we could get.






Nanny had a quick cuddle and then helped us out by sorting food, washing, cleaning, tidying up, playing with the boys etc etc. She was a big help, as always. Thanks Marmie. x


We just tried to settle in to being a new family of 5. I sat feeding and Rob pottered around. The boys just went back and forth from the sofa watching TV and seeing Mummy with Baba. It was all quite calm.


I did a video diary before I was done in and ready for my bed.



It is very hard to write these entries explaining how it exactly felt as I'm writing this when Baba is now Oscar and 5 weeks old! I'm pretty sure I will paint over how horrid I felt and how tricky it was with the fact that Rob was ill, then Leo, then Ellis etc and that things really didn't work out as we had planned. The plan was Rob was going to do stuff with the boys, take them on days out, swimming etc and I was going to chill at home, recovering and bonding with Baba. It didn't go like that at all and even now, 5 weeks later, Leo still hasn't gone swimming. Ah well, probably better that I don't do loads of entries complaining about all the tough stuff. Be nice to remember it as all fluffy and lovely. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails