Friday 1 January 2010

Another Accident!

My first post of 2010! Post number 389!

We decided to get out today. We were just walking down to the local restaurant, which was shut, so we ended up going into Sainsbury's for an expensive panini. Before all this we were walking down the cycle path and Ellis was running. 2 seconds later we hear a cry, turn around to see Ellis just lifting his face up from the tarmac. Our poor baby has hurt his face! He has taken a lump out from his nose, scrapped his top lip and banged his head.

Bad picture taken with my iPhone.

We calmed him down, which took less than a minute and dabbed his nose and lip. We checked to see if his teeth were okay and, yep they were still chipped.

We asked if he wanted to go home but he said he wanted to carry on to the restronk (as Ellis would say) so we did. We popped into boots to buy some antiseptic wipes but the lady said they would sting and that it looked pretty clean anyway so was best left open to the air to dry out and hopefully heal well.

So now any pictures of Ellis will show a scabby nose and top lip with chipped teeth!

He is a real trooper though and didn't complain about it. The one thing he did complain about was not being able to go to the big restronk and that we had to eat in Sainsbury's. He did really well though eating his cheese sandwich, apple, biscuits and yogurt. Leo had a good munch on a rice cake but it is so messy!

We grabbed a few things in the shop and then bundled them up again to go to the park. Ellis fell asleep before I could finish doing up his coat! I said to Rob that he would be most upset if we don't take him to the park and he wakes up at home, so we asked him when we reached the park if he wanted to go in, and no response. Sure enough when we got home and he woke up, he started crying about the park. He went back to sleep though.

It is so horrible when your babies get hurt. I would do anything to take it all away from him. I'm sure a lot more will happen over the years but I have enough grey hair at the moment that I don't really want to give it too much thought.

Both boys fell asleep on the walk home and I did/tried to do a video of them.



Back at home the boys were put in bed and Rob and I just chilled out doing our own thing.

Then it's feeding time at the zoo and some TV watching before bath time and bed again.

Tonight, Leo successfully drank 7fl oz of expressed milk from a bottle with Rob! I am so pleased! He was wide awake when Rob put him into bed and he went to sleep on his own. He normally goes to sleep fine anyway but it was just the fact that Rob did it all. Hurrah!

Leo's weaning is going really well. He won't eat vegetables but is doing really well with solid food. He eats rice cakes and puff crisp things everyday now and seems to really enjoy it. I forgot to post this picture the other day when he was eating toast.



The last few days have all merged together really. We have spent a lot of time at home just pottering around.

I've done some cooking.



Rob has done some sleeping.



Ellis has been practising reading his new book that Ken, Rachel and Hannah bought for him. Ken owns the house that Rob stays in when he works away and Rachel and Hannah are his daughters. It was so kind of them to buy the boys gifts for Christmas. Ellis loves his book and I love the t-shirt that Leo got.



On the one occasion we did go out, we drove to Sainsbury's as we needed to recycle some plastic and pick up some basics. I was really excited about the trip as for the first time the boys sat in the trolley together! It was a horrible old trolley and we had to dry it but I still loved it. I tried so hard to get a good picture but they were constantly looking in different directions. I did a short video too.





By the way, bandanna bibs are wicked! I love them! They don't look horrible, they don't spin around, they are nice fabric with a good waterproof backing, they go under his chin so it stops loads of dribble, he can't pull it off and it doesn't look tacky! I want more but they are about £6 each! If anyone knows where I can get them cheaper, let me know.

I end this post with a picture of me with my precious boys. Where would I be without them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails