Monday 25 January 2010

New Stuff

We had a lovely family weekend. Saturday started off early for me and I had had a rough night with Leo so when Rob got up, I went back to bed for a well needed rest.

While I was sleeping, the boys made cookies which were yummy! They were vanilla with white chocolate chip and they tasted delicious.

Rob popped out in the afternoon to the car shop to pick up some light bulbs and Ellis went with him. He was so excited! It was really cute to see him running up and down and chatting about it non stop.

Then in the evening my Mum and Dad came over to baby sit so that Rob and I could go out with Lucy and Craig for a meal. Mum and Dad arrived as I was giving Leo his last feed and they got to see Ellis for a little bit before I tucked him up in bed.

We had a really, really good time. We picked Lucy and Craig up then went to the pub for our meal. We had to wait a while for our food and Lucy and I suddenly realised that we were actually rather tipsy. I was glad that I didn't have time to put on any make-up as it would have been running down my face as I was crying with laughter.

The food was really good too. I had warm chicken and bacon salad with ceasar dressing, followed by lamb shank and vegetables. I also had maple and walnut cheesecake to finish off.

We were all sooooo full up and feeling sick that we made a quick exit and headed home.

We were invited in for a cuppa but I didn't want to get back too late for Mum and Dad, seeing as it was the first time they have baby sat in the evening.

Sunday morning I had a lie in which is always a great way to start the day. I got up at 9:30am to feed Leo and put him down for his nap. He had slept from 7pm-7am but woke at 4am and I had to go into him twice. Still not too bad really.

Leo woke up without a sticky eye! That had happened on Saturday morning too but it got sticky during the day. But on Sunday it stayed clear all day! Rob and I just kept saying how nice it was ALL DAY! I so hope it's fixed now.

We had promised Ellis that we would take him to the park on Saturday but he had such a long nap that we couldn't take him so instead we went after lunch on Sunday.

Learning from our mistakes we put Ellis on his bike and pushed him down to the park and Leo was asleep in the buggy all wrapped up warm.


We haven't been to the park in months and I noticed such a huge difference in the way Ellis was. He ran better, climbed better and just looked huge in the small park. He loved it and had a great time.



Leo slept for a while but when he woke up, he had his first ever go in a swing. He wasn't sure of it to start with and I probably pushed him a little too fast, but he soon started to enjoy it and had a good look around too.



"Hmmm, not sure of this Mummy"



NOTICE THE CLEAR EYES!

We popped to the shops before going into Costa Coffee to warm up. Ellis had fun lounging on the huge sofas and Rob and I drank our buckets of tea.

At home Leo was showing off his new skills, well sort of. He can wave on command and even tries clapping. He can happily go from sitting to crawling and his commando style of crawling is really coming along and he zooms about all over the place.


Bath time was nice and relaxed and it wasn't long before Rob and I were downstairs messing around with computers.

Another busy week ahead. Looking forward to it but also feeling like I would rather be sat by a pool somewhere warm, sipping a cocktail reading my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails