Saturday 16 January 2010

At Long Last

"Soon" turned into a long time before my next entry. I don't know why or how but I just haven't sat down to do any blogging. I've been watching Celebrity Big Brother so that takes up some time, I have also been waiting for my laptop so that I could use that and I haven't taken any pictures or videos really so thought it was a bit pointless.

Anyway, enough waffling, lets get on with the entry, which I am typing on my new laptop by the way. Very chuffed with it although it is a little slow sorting out photos and videos but I will work that out soon.

The start of the year hasn't really gone that well due to the snow. The weather has really stopped us from getting back to normal after the Christmas break. We have quite a busy weekly schedule now:

Monday
AM: See friends
PM: Swimming - when warmer weather

Tuesday
AM: Leo Sing and Sign class
PM: Mummy afternoon

Wednesday
AM: Nothing
PM: 2x music classes

Thursday
AM: Nothing
PM: Nothing
I try to keep this day free for other things.
Eve: Mum's for dinner

Friday
AM: Baby Club
PM: Big Stars class

Our daily schedule is pretty much the same although some things have to be jigged depending on what we are doing that day:

6am - Leo milk feed
7am - Ellis up - toilet for him, nappy change for Leo.
8am - Breakfast - this takes a good hour to feed both boys, myself and to clear up the kitchen after.
9am - Leo in bed for nap then Ellis and I do reading and playing
10/10:30am - Leo up, nappy change and milk feed
More play time and pottering
12/12:30 - Lunch
1:30pm - Leo 2nd nap, Ellis nap (this changes depending on what time he woke up
3/3:30pm - Leo milk feed
4pm - Sometimes Leo might have a 3rd nap but it is quite rare
5pm - Dinner
6:30pm - Bath time and bed by 7 for Leo, 7:30pm for Ellis (7pm if Rob is home).

I am hoping that the pre-school will be able to fit Ellis in soon so that I can have a bit more one on one time with Leo. I called them yesterday and left a message for them to call me but I expect it will take them a couple of weeks to get back to me.

My cooking continues and I even put together a casserole from scratch without a recipe. I've never even cooked one with a recipe so it was quite an achievement for me. Rob thought it was good so that was all that mattered.





As I knew my intention was to do a blog entry this weekend, I tried to take some pictures and videos of the last few days so at least I had something to post.

Ellis had the dentist on Thursday afternoon and we were due to have dinner at my Mum's in the evening so I thought I would make a day of it and leave quite early to take some stuff back to the shops before going to Mum's for lunch.

I was super organised and got everything ready while Leo was having his nap.



Everything ran smoothly and we took all the stuff back we needed to, bought some stuff we shouldn't have and got to Mum's in time to give Leo is food.

Leo and Ellis had a great time doing different things and having a change of scenery. They had been stuck in for such a long time due to the weather.







Ellis' dentist appointment couldn't have gone any better. We had been talking to him about it for quite a while and I had described the room and what would happen when we got there. While we were waiting in the reception area the dentist came in and he was wearing a mask so I quickly told Ellis about the mask and pointed the dentist out to him so at least he wouldn't be scared of that. I was really nervous about how he would react but he totally took it in his stride.

We went in the room and I thought he was going to sit on the big chair but the dentist just let us sit on some comfy chairs in the corner and he sat and had a chat with us. Ellis opened his mouth nice and wide, said ah and just generally did everything that was asked of him. As a reward he got to pick out a sticker which he was rather proud of.




The dentist had no concerns and said he would like to see him again in 6 months.

Leo is doing really well with getting to grips with crawling. I'm so sure it wont be long before he is zooming around on his hands and knees. Since yesterday he really has been going up on his hands and knees and making the moves to do it properly but not quite made it yet. Not long though I'm sure. I haven't been able to capture it on video yet although I am trying.



He is certainly a lot more confident sitting up and I can leave him to it. He can get down for sitting up but can't sit back up again yet.



This picture of Leo is so much like Rob it's scary. This is the exact face that Rob pulls at me when he doesn't quite believe what I am saying. It freaks me out!



Yesterday I tried to get a photo of Leo in his chilling position. I sort of got it but only the back part. He basically lays on one side. He has been doing it for ages and we love it.



Leo has also taken to doing a new noise which is so cute. I can't explain it at all so I will hopefully get a video of it shortly but for now, here is a picture of the face he makes when doing it.



This morning Rob was having a bit of lie in when we disturbed him. I don't think he minded and I managed to get some cute pictures.







Ellis pretending to be asleep


The boys have been playing really well together recently and I've been trying to just capture some moments with them.



We had a lovely day today. For lunch we met up with Andy, Caroline and Angus. Angus is only 3 days older than Leo so they are generally going through the same things at the same time.

Ellis and Leo behaved so well at the restaurant. There was no stress at all and we all had a really nice time catching up.

We tried to get a nice picture of the kiddies but in every single picture one of them was looking away. I have posted 2, one where Leo is looking and one with Ellis looking.





Andy had a cuddle with Leo which was so cute as he was very tired and therefore was so much more cuddly than normal, which is a lot anyway.



After we said our goodbyes we zoomed home and put the boys in bed where they stayed for 2 hours! It was so nice to just veg on the sofa for a bit before it all started again.

Hopefully I can keep on top of the blog now I have my laptop. Then again I might get distracted playing my computer games I got for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails