Saturday 8 May 2010

Dinosaur, Grr!

Bank holiday Monday we took the boys to the museum. We arrived just after it opened at 10am and it was so quiet.


Ellis was so excited and he loved it, especially because he was allowed to run around and pretty much do what he wanted.

The thing he had most wanted to see was the dinosaurs so we quickly made our way up a level for him to see the bones.


I think he was a little disappointed as he kept asking us where the BIG dinosaur was.

There were toys and books and a little machine that if you pulled a lever it made a grr sound. We spent a long time stood there with Ellis pulling the lever over and over again. He was happy which was what it was all about. Leo on the other hand hadn't slept and was starting to get a little bit pissy! I tried to carry him for a bit but he managed to jab me up my nose and made me bleed. There was quite a bit of blood and as I was trying to give him some milk I could feel it about to drip out my nose, nice.



Leo eventually nodded off in the buggy and we continued to explore the museum. It was quite sparse really and didn't have that much to look at. I would have liked to have had a proper look at the paintings but Ellis needed the toilet and was getting bored so we rushed through them.

There was a little play pen area where the children could mess around with puppets, costumes, books, toys, decorate a vase, read, build a pot and record their voices in a glittery cave. Ellis was a bit nervous to start with but I went in with him and he was fine.



We were all getting hungry so we decided to go out for some food. We couldn't decide where to go but we ended up going to Pizza Express which we love.

The rest of the week has been pretty routine. On Thursday I voted before going out for a meal with Mum and Dad which was delicious! I ran home from the restaurant though and my stomach didn't thank me.

Leo hasn't been himself for a few days. He is really cranky, clingy, not eating well, not drinking milk, napping at different times and just generally not being all that happy like he normally is. I think the fact that he is being clingy and I can't carry him around all the time does upset him a bit. I'm hoping it's just a phase and it will pass. Watch this space.

Got to go as Rob needs the computer. Will leave you with a picture of my little bugger who gets me up before 6:30am everday!

2 comments:

  1. Seems like you had a very nice time, yes it is good being a tourist. Keep up with the blog, your doing a good job. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maintaining the blog is hard work but I do love it. I'm always looking back through it. Thanks for comment. xxx

    ReplyDelete

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails