Wednesday 26 May 2010

1 Year Old

I'm interrupting my catching up blogging so that I can post Leo's one year entry and wow, what a year that has been! I will finish doing the other posts soon.

The last year has flown by. It's been hard, thrilling, exciting, loving, emotional, chaotic and lots of other things, but I do love being a Mummy of 2 boys. They are the best thing ever!

I still haven't lost all the baby weight, in fact I got to within 3 lbs of my target and put it all back on again! To say I'm annoyed is an understatement. Not really loving my post Leo body but I hope to be doing something about that very soon.

I still think about Leo's birth a lot and quite often look back at all the old videos and pictures, including the birth itself which I am so pleased we caught on camera. It still amazes me that I did it!

The journey started in August 2008 when we started to try to conceive Dollop. We were very lucky and it took us 2 months. I went from this...

0 weeks

..to this

12 weeks


...then this

20 weeks


...and finally, this.


Then on the 25th May at midday I started to have contractions. (This is me in very early labour at my Mum's house celebrating my 30th birthday!).


We eventually went to the hospital at about 10:30pm and I was soon in active labour. At the point of this picture I had just been told I was 9cm dilated and started pushing 45 minutes later.


Then after an hour of seriously hard pushing my little Leo entered the world at 5:29am on 26th May 2009, my 30th birthday. (Note time of post).



Within an hour I had had a bath and Rob dressed Leo.



And we were eventually taken down to the ward.


Not long after Ellis joined us and we were finally a family of 4.


After a week stay at hospital we were home and settling in to the new normal. I took monthly pictures of my growing cutie pie and this is the results of the last 12 months.














This is Ellis at 1.






This is some other 1 year pictures that I took.







I'm so in love with my boys, it's crazy! I never want to forget or miss any moment I have with them. They are my life and always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails