Saturday 27 March 2010

Easter Party

Up very early this morning which wasn't great but I was in a good mood which made it easier. I laughed, danced and messed around with the boys even before we had breakfast. The 3 of us sat together eating today which was nice too.

Leo wasn't feeling too well and had woken up coughing so I gave him some medicine and he went down for his nap at about 8:45am. Ellis and I then got dressed and left the house just the 2 of us. Ellis was really happy about that and kept saying as we were driving down the road, "it's just me and Mummy", "we left Leo at home".

First stop was the post office. Ellis put the stamp on the envelope and posted the card in the box. Then he put the parcel on the scales and helped me to pay the lady. He loved it.

Then we stopped into Nanny and Grandad Rennolds' house to pick up some sandwiches and sausage rolls that they kindly let us have for our Easter party. It was just Grandad and Cousin Kamron. We didn't stay for long. Ellis played trains and sat watching a film with Grandad while I did some stuff on my Mum's computer.

As we arrived home Rob was just going to give Leo is first bottle of the day.

We had lunch and Ellis was first up for his nap. I always know when he is ready for bed if he starts crying saying “I don’t want to go to bed Mummy!”

Rob and I then spent some time getting Leo to practice his walking. Within about 5 minutes he had totally changed the way he walks. He used to do a running 2 step, falling walk and now he waddles side to side and is in so much more control. It’s so cute to see this little thing walking. It almost doesn’t seem right! Ellis didn’t walk until he was 14 months old so it is quite a difference between the two of them. Ellis on the other hand was already saying duck and cat. I will try and get a new video tomorrow.

The boys napped and I got some things ready for the party. I then had to wake them up and rushed around finishing getting ready so that we could leave. We arrived late but I don’t think we missed too much.

Pretty much immediately the kids sat down to decorate their little bags that Charlotte had bought for them. They got to decorate them with fabric pens, gems, stars, shapes and googly eyes. Ellis loved it!





Here is the finished result.





Once the bags were decorated it was time to let them out into the garden for the egg hunt. It was great as there were loads of eggs all over the garden and the kids were brilliant. There wasn't one argument and everyone ended up with a good stash of chocolate eggs. I thought it was wicked. Thank you Charlotte, Mark, Faith and Honour. xxx













When they had finished they all lined up so we could get a group picture. It wont be long before Leo, Honour, Alexander and Baby Taviner will be joining them. Gonna need a wider lens!



The party continued inside and we all ate loads of food, did a bit of dancing and playing with toys.





How grown up!











I fed Leo his dinner in Honour's high chair but it wasn't that successful as there was just too much going on around him. He made his usual mess though.

We then packed up and left. We arrived home around bath time but I let Ellis watch a bit of telly just so he was sat still for a few minutes. Leo had a wander too and then we eventually went up for a bath at 6:45pm.

Leo tried to fall asleep drinking his bottle but he couldn't as the milk continually flowed making him cough. When I used to feed him he would doze off and would be fine. Poor baby.

I spent the evening doing the blog on and off as Rob was trying to sort out the new wireless router.

Another party tomorrow so probably more blogging to do.

1 comment:

  1. Good blog love, see your finger is feeling better. That was a nice party Charlotte and Mark put up for you all, made great fun for the kids!!

    ReplyDelete

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails