Sunday 21 March 2010

Ciera Joy Barbour

Saturday morning I sorted out the stuff the boys would need during the day and then I took off in my car.

It was very strange and quiet to start with. I checked my mirror to see if the boys were asleep but quickly realised that I was alone.

My journey took me an 1 hour 30 minutes and I didn't need to check my map once as I had been there before a few times but years ago.

I walked in and was pretty much handed this brand new baby to have cuddles with. She is so cute and so dinky! Little everything.



I had such a lovely time. I cuddled Ciera, (pronounced Kiera, not Sierra like I first thought) and Sandra and I just talked non stop and Max even joined in too. I heard all about the birth, how things were going, we talked about work, friends, family, and just generally babies.







I stayed for quite a while and was offered lunch but I felt like I shouldn't over stay my welcome so I kept trying to make an exit, but we just kept chatting! It was so good to catch up and I am so happy for them.



I finally got into the car with just my tiny handbag instead of my huge changing bag and made my way home.

The journey time back was the same and I arrived just as Rob was clearing up the living room. He had fun I think but he did mention that it was pretty full on, non stop and that lunch time was a bit of a fiasco. A little more practice and he will be an expert. Where should I go next? ;o)

The boys went down for their nap at 1:30pm and Leo woke at 4pm. Ellis was still napping at 5pm so I had to wake him up!

Earlier in the week Rob had mentioned going out Saturday night for a meal so we picked a nice Indian restaurant that we had eaten at before, years ago. So Uncle Dave came over to baby sit and we left.

We had a really time. The food wasn't great but it didn't matter. We had a right old natter. The conversation didn't dry up once and we left feeling quite jolly, me more than Rob as I was drinking lager and he was on diet coke.







We didn't get back too later either which was nice as we got to sit down for a bit before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails