Monday 11 May 2009

Thomas

Where to begin! Been very busy over the last few days.

My Angel returned quite quickly after things had settled down at home. I think the bank holiday weekend was just too much excitement for one little boy to handle.

On Wednesday we started to get back into our normal routine, although Ellis didn't go down for his morning nap so I went out to the shops instead to buy a few things. I actually ended up spending over £100 on clothes for Ellis including 3 pairs of new shoes. One set of trainers, one set of sandals and one set of normal walking shoes. They should all last him for quite a while.

One of the things I bought him was a pack of 3 pyjamas. I love buying pyjamas for myself but seeing as I can't at the moment, I think I'm buying them for him instead.



We were late for Music with Mummy as Ellis was asleep in the car and I wasn't watching the clock very closely. He finally managed to wake up and did enjoy himself.

Just a random picture of my flowers that I have recently received from Mum, Saskia and Vivien.



Thursday Ellis was really good again. He went down for his morning nap and I tried to sleep but I had a nurse come over to do a test right in the middle of the morning.

After lunch we went swimming and it was so relaxing. We were the only ones in the pool and it was really warm, I almost fell asleep hanging onto the side.

We stopped for a quick snack and on the way home, Ellis was saying Nanny and Grandad, Katie, Chloe, Kamron. We usually go to my Mum's for dinner on a Thursday so he was expecting us to go. I had to tell him that Nanny and Grandad are on holiday and that they went on a plane. He now tells me this at random times during the day.

I was 38 weeks pregnant on Friday which was quite exciting. Nearly at the end now and it wont be long until Ellis can meet his baby brother. I wonder how it is all going to go!?

Was supposed to go and see my friend Cathy in the morning but I was having lots of niggles and didn't really want to be too far away from home, so she kindly came to see me instead.

8 weeks ago she gave birth to her son, Thomas, and she looked amazing! I only hope I can recover that quickly. Ellis was a bit of a handful and I just didn't have my head screwed on at all. I didn't even offer her a drink! How rubbish is that?



They left at 3pm and we got straight in the car to go to Little Stars. Ellis had his new trainers on and he looked really cool. Daddy was already there and Ellis was very pleased to see him.

Saturday morning, Rob went out to get some new tyres for his car and after lunch Ellis and I played in the garden.













Once Daddy was home, I got ready and went out to see the birthing suite at the local hospital. I have been there before when I had Ellis but I wanted it to be fresh in my mind and I wanted to see what a delivery room looked like again as I don't really remember from before. It was quite a good refresher and I got to ask a few questions too.

In the evening, Vivien came over and kindly looked after Ellis so that Rob and I could go out for a meal together.

We had an amazing time. The food was great and we had a really good chat about loads of stuff. Strangely enough we didn't talk about babies or Ellis too much, which was quite refreshing.





After the meal we went to a pub that had a pianist and a magician. It was very cool and it was really nice to be out. Everyone seemed really happy, including us and we both agreed that it was well worth doing. Hopefully we can do it again soon. I wouldn't mind going to see Angels and Demons with him but you don't get to talk much and Rob doesn't like films much either, so it might be a bit of a waste of time and baby sitter. We will have to see.





Sunday we went to the local train station to meet Thomas the tank engine. Ellis has a story read to him every night and he always picks a Thomas story so we thought it would be nice for him to have a day out seeing Thomas and actually going on a train for the first time.

Ellis was way ahead of us in getting ready. He had his bag on, glasses on, and new trainers and was looking very grown up.





We parked down the road from the station and Rob carried Ellis on his shoulders.



The only problem with Ellis being on Rob's shoulders is that he tends to grab hold of his ears! Rob was in a lot of pain at times, but I love these pictures of the two of them.





We had arrived quite early, so after picking up our tickets, we had a look around.

There was a small fair ground ride that we thought Ellis would hate. We couldn't have been more wrong. He went on it 3 times and was still more interested in this ride then doing anything else.





We did the mini railway, which I thought was hilarious! What a waste of time that was. Ellis didn't seem that impressed either and tried to get off as it was going along.





There were also other Thomas characters around the station and we took our pictures with a couple.







We watched the train before ours, pull out of the station and waved at the fat controller too. Ellis seemed to enjoy it.





It was then time for our ride on the train. First of all we went to the other end of the platform to actually see Thomas' face.





We boarded the train and were crammed into a little room with 4 other adults and 4 other children. It was hot to say the least and the chairs were very uncomfortable for me but Ellis didn't mind as he was sat on Daddy's lap.



We went along the tracks a short distance before Thomas is taken to the other end of the carriages to pull us back.





You then go past the station again until you get to the end of another short piece of track. Again Thomas is moved and you are then pulled back to the main station. In all it took about an hour.







We let Ellis have one more drive on the fair ground ride before we went back to the car and home for dinner.



Ellis was shattered so after a quick bath, he was sound asleep in bed.

He woke up this morning saying "train", "Thomas", "choo, choo", very cute.

We went to Sing and Sign first thing in the morning and he was so good! He sat on my knee, singing and signing to the songs and played nicely with the other children. I felt rather relaxed and happy.

We then went to the library and he sat and read the books and played with a copule of cars from the toy box. He was again, so good!

I then took him to the doctors as I needed to use the toilet and I had a midwife appointment. He sat in his buggy for over half an hour without one complaint. In fact he was very happy and was just chatting to everyone that came near him. One man even commented on how friendly he was.

In the midwife appointment, you wouldn't even have noticed that he was there. So good!

We then went home for lunch and although he was shattered he ate really well and was then quite pleased to go to bed.

He slept for nearly 2 1/2 hours and when I went to wake him up he just started off happy.

We played in the living room all afternoon without one whinge or telling off. It was brilliant and it made me so happy. We did reading and colouring, played with his bus and his lion and just generally had fun together.

He was really good at eating his dinner and bath time was relaxing for a change. He hasn't hit or kicked once today and only had one whiney moment, I didn't really want to put him to bed.

Daddy arrived just as I got him out of the bath which was nice as we all laid on the bed together for story time. Ellis was then full of beans jumping on the bed and flopping on the pillows. It was so cute to watch.

We put him down but he didn't settle for ages and ages. I went out to my yoga group anyway.

I hope tomorrow is the same as we are meeting up with 2 groups of Mummy friends. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails