Monday 4 May 2009

Sugar Rush

On Saturday, Rob and I went to an Active Birthing partner workshop. It was really good and I think it was quite a refresher for Rob who is only just realising that a baby is coming!

Sally, Nick and Anna, kindly looked after Ellis again for us and they apparently had a good day with Ellis being well behaved. They did get out to the shops and the park, which I know Ellis would have enjoyed.


They are so cute together!

We arrived home just before 7 which is bed time, so we stayed for a quick chat before going home to put Ellis down for the night. He was shattered and we didn't hear from him.

On Sunday we went to Ashlee's 4th birthday party. It was at a local pub that has a soft play area for the kids. Ellis couldn't decide how to have his hair done for the party, but I think he looked super cute with a pink scrunchie in.









Ellis had tons of fun and at one point I lost him, only to find him wandering around above my head! I couldn't believe it but I was so proud of him for being adventurous.







Everyone sat together to have some food and Ellis especially enjoyed the ice lolly. He has had ice-cream off a spoon before but not a lolly so he kept scrapping his teeth on it and it made him shudder. I found it really funny.

















Obviously there was a cake and the usual song.



Ellis was really good and I loved that he liked wearing his party hat.



Ellis did some more climbing after and even went down this huge slide, twice, with Daddy. It was very fast and Daddy hurt himself trying to slow them down, and I don't think Ellis really enjoyed it either.





Ellis was asleep pretty much as soon as we left the car park. We stopped for a McDonalds, went to B&Q, Sainsbury's then home. The rest of the afternoon was quite boring although we eventually got a lot done around the house.





For dessert in the evening I gave Ellis a small fairy cake and I think the sugar and excitement from the day kept him up for ages. This video was taken at around 8:30pm. You can't really hear him, but he says, "belly out", "legs out". He does eventually go to sleep but not in this video. My favourite bit is when he hears me coming and quickly lies down as though he was asleep.



Monday seemed to arrive very quickly but Ellis didn't get me up too early which was nice. We were downstairs by 7:30am having breakfast but I did wish I was still in bed, Ellis on the other hand was quite happy to be sat in his toy box.





Rob stayed in bed until nearly 1pm but he made our sandwiches, vacuumed the downstairs of the house and did some other pottering as we had some visitors in the afternoon. Cheers honey xxx

Saskia, Rachael, and Sarah came over with their boys, Aidan, Euan and Thomas, along with our yoga/active birthing teacher/friend, Vivien.

We all had a lovely time, sat around eating cakes, biscuits and drinking tea and coffee. The boys were very well behaved seeing as they were crammed into a little living room, having to share toys.











I was bought some lovely flowers, cakes and a bottle of bubbly which I shall open as soon as we bring Dollop home from the hospital. I must admit that I am missing having a drink or two now. Last time with Ellis I wasn't all the bothered but I can't wait to have a nice cold lager.

Saskia and Aidan didn't leave with the others and the boys used their last few minutes together to work off a bit of their sugar rush. Very cute to watch.



We had dinner together and then I watched Rob bath Ellis. We all laid on the bed for story time and then put Ellis in his sleeping bag. He didn't take long to go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails