Tuesday 17 February 2009

Coughs, Colds and Chickenpox

Poor little Ellis has had Chickenpox since Thursday last week. They started on his bum and then just spread everywhere! Ears, mouth, back, belly, nappy area, head, eyes, legs, foot, under his arms, face, but not his arms.

Along with the spots comes a bit of a cold and he has had a chesty cough for a couple of weeks now. I think I may have picked it up a bit too as can't seem to stop coughing myself.







He has been in a bit of pain with the spots on his bum and the ones on his head and face have been really itching him. We gave him Piriton and put calamine lotion on some of them which seems to have helped a little bit.

Obviously we have been stuck in the house and not able to attend the last Twinkling Stars session. This week is half term so we haven't actually missed out on that much.

On the weekend I caught Ellis sat by Daddy on the sofa and took a couple of pictures.





Ellis and I have been quite bored so we spent some time looking back at some old videos and pictures. I can't believe how tiny Ellis used to be and how much he has changed in just 18 months!









I tried to tell him that it was Ellis but he just kept saying "baby!"


In hospital still





We also had a quick look through some travel videos. I showed him one with a helicopter in and he loved it. We watched it a few times. Here are a few of my favourite videos from the first part of our travels.






Camel in San Diego Zoo


Grand Canyon


Hotel Waldorf Astoria - NY


Kingda Ka - Seven Flags Park - New Jersey


Line Dancing in Nashville


Ooops! - Guatemala border


Tarzan swing in Costa Rica rain forest


Top of volcano in Guatemala


My all time favourite video!

Mummy afternoon this week was cancelled due to Ellis and Anna both having Chickenpox. This didn't stop Sally and I getting together, so this afternoon, Ellis and Anna had fun playing and we even stripped them off to compare spots. I have to admit that Anna has a lot more spots than Ellis and I hope she starts to get better soon. In a strange way, it has been nice to experience this with someone else. Sally and I have talked a lot over the last few days about symptoms and what is going on etc. It makes you feel like your not going through it alone.


They look so grown up!

We have planned to go out on Friday to Costco and Ellis should be well on his way to recovery by then. I am hoping that his red eye will be better tomorrow, if not I may have to phone the doctors to see what they suggest.

Ellis has been rather bored at times and I have been trying to entertain him with different things. I have now opened his easel which he uses the chalks on and we have also been playing with pegs in the kitchen! He does look after himself sometimes and likes to have a good dance. Unfortunately he heard me click the camera on and stopped.



Nanny came over this morning and provided a small amount of entertainment as she vacuumed the house for us. Thanks Mum, your wicked. x



It was then business as usual in the evening except that Ellis was still chatting, counting to 3 and cheering himself, playing music, thumping, and calling for Nanny, Sally and Anna until about 8:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails