Thursday 29 January 2009

Bobbing Along

Yesterday we got to see part of the gang again for Music with Mummy. Nanny came with us which was nice and after we went for our usual tea, cake and chat. The kids were all very well behaved and Ellis seemed to really enjoy the group this week. He wanted to participate and hardly sucked his thumb.



Iestyn

Anna

Tried to have a nice lazy day today but it didn't quite work out that way. Rob woke me up quite early and then I couldn't go back to sleep. Ellis woke at just before 7 so it was quite an early start.

The morning was spent just messing around as always. Reading books, drawing, playing with cars, remote controls, oh and a new trick of climbing and jumping on the sofa.



After a busy morning, Ellis gave me a sign that he wanted to go to bed.



I put him up for his nap and then climbed back into bed, hoping to get 2 hours rest. I had about 30 minutes and we were up again. I couldn't believe it!

Ellis thinks the camera is now called cheese. Everytime he sees it, he points, says cheese then does a big smile or clanks his teeth together. So cute.



After lunch we spent quite a long time getting ready to go swimming. Nanny and Chloe showed up nice and early and we all left for the pool.

We love it at the new place. It is so warm and Ellis is able to reach the bottom so he can walk around quite happily on his own rather than holding on to me. This week though, he had on some new arm bands for age 2 years plus, and they actually held him up! He walked slowly into the deep end and before I realised it, his feet were up and he was just floating around rather happily. I was so pleased, and in the coming weeks he should really improve. This will help me loads for when Dollop is here. He even, at one point pushed off from the steps to grab a toy in the water, and just floated towards it. It brought a tear to my eye.

We stayed in for a nice long time and Chloe had loads of fun getting in and out of the very small pool with lots of watering cans, floats and rubber animals. I tend to stay in until my fingers look like dried prunes.

We stopped in the cafe for a cuppa and the kids had a snack too.



It was then back to Nanny's house for tea. We arrived after a long diversion to the petrol station and Chloe and Ellis had loads of fun playing.





We had a really nice dinner and then after clearing up, it was time to say goodbye and go home for bath time.

Quite a hectic day in the end but very enjoyable. Hopefully tomorrow I will get the 2 hours rest in the morning and then we have Twinkling Stars in the afternoon. Might see if we can fit something else in too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails