Wednesday 7 January 2009

New Year

It has been a while since I last did a proper blog entry. I have been thinking about how to continue it. I enjoy doing the blog but I am finding it harder and harder to keep up with writing about each and every day. When Dollop arrives in May/June it is going to be even harder. I think I will just write about things that have happened over a period of time rather than document every day. I'm still not sure.

I also thought I might just write it from my point of view sometimes and not just from Ellis. Please leave comments to let me know what you think I should/could do.

Anyway, New Years Eve was very quiet. Ellis was in bed at his normal time and then Rob and I played Trivial Pursuit, watched telly, kissed at midnight, then went to bed. Gone are the days of stumbling around town in the freezing cold.

Ellis has been receiving yet more teeth recently and this has caused him to wake up in the night and to have red cheeks and lots and lots of dribble. He has also worked out how to smile for the camera, saying "cheese" at the same time. Very cute.



He has also tried a bit of photography on his own. The first attempt was with my help but then he did one on his own. I'm so proud of him, I hope he enjoys it as much as me one day.





Most children seem to be fascinated by gadgets that they aren't really allowed to have for a few more years yet, and Ellis is no different. I allowed him a bit of playtime with Rob's phone which he loves but does end up dialling 999, even though the keypad is locked!





New years day we ventured down to the park again. I think we were crazy as it was very, very cold. Ellis seemed to have a good time though.



Back at home, to warm up, Ellis and I played on our horses. He is such good fun to play with, and it is nice to not be laughed at for being my usual silly self.



I recently had a physiotherapy appointment and my sister came with me which was great. Some of the advice I was given, was not to do any vaccuming or food shopping on my own. This was the best news! Rob was very good about it and after I had polished and tidied the house, he started his new job, without complaints.



Ellis is still doing really well with his eating and feeding himself. He is also dropping less food on the floor although likes to empty his water cup on the tray and splash everything in sight. He has good fun but I'm the one who has to clear it up.

He isn't that keen on jelly. I think it might be the texture.



Rob has now gone back to work and we are starting to get back to normal. Well trying to anyway. Ellis seems to be amending his napping pattern. He now only sleeps once a day for about 2 hours. The best time I have found is in the morning as by lunch he is shattered and sometimes falls asleep in his highchair. I think I may move swimming morning to Thursday afternoon, to accommodate the new routine. Sing and Sign will have to remain on the Monday morning.

Rob has been really good during the Christmas break. He has really helped out without having to be asked and has done plenty of early mornings and bath times. It has been great to have a bit of a break too.

We had the 20 week scan of Dollop on Monday and we found out we are having another boy. This will be great for Ellis and at least we have all the stuff ready. I wonder what Ellis will be like as a big brother?

My Mum recently bought Ellis a baby. He loves it and constantly asks where it is. He gives it cuddles, kisses and takes its hat off, and he lets me hold it which is good news. I think I need to get him a buggy now too.

Sorry if the new style is a bit rubbish. Let me know what you think. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Ellis is now 17 months old and I keep forgetting to do the face pictures. I will try and do some this afternoon, and will post them soon.

2 comments:

  1. Mush, this is brill, I love the style of writting, the blog has always been very good with Ellis doing the talking but, it will be nice with the coming of his brother that mummy is in charge, and sometimes maybe both the sons will be able to put their point of view. BRING IT ON !!!!! X X X X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mum, I think I will do that as I liked putting my input about Ellis. xxx Cheers for dinner it was gurt lush! Will have to do it again soon, like next Thursday? xxx

    ReplyDelete

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails